❥ four: the aftermath

day: DECEMBER 12th-20th
time: ALL HOURS
location: THE CASTLE GROUNDS

day: DECEMBER 12th-20thtime: ALL HOURS location: THE CASTLE GROUNDS

THERE'S NO SUNSHINE, THIS IMPOSSIBLE YEAR. ONLY BLACK DAYS, AND SKY GREY, AND CLOUDS FULL OF TEARS, AND STORMS FULL OF SORROW THAT WON'T DISAPPEAR. JUST TYPHOONS AND MONSOONS, THIS IMPOSSIBLE YEAR.

 JUST TYPHOONS AND MONSOONS, THIS IMPOSSIBLE YEAR

the castle was quiet. too quiet. there wasn't a single person there that wasn't feeling the effect of the rebel attack in some way. it weighed heavy on the chests of everyone there, even if not everyone was physically harmed. it had been five years since the last rebel attack. the rebels had been dormant since the murdered the queen. but now, they were back, and everyone was terrified to see what they wanted this time.

after three guards died, and two guests from the party did as well, the palace was a somber place. one would hardly know that a joyous selection was supposed to be going on. for the week after the ball, there were no events planned. it was mostly out of respect, but both cordelia and lacey really didn't feel like having to put on brave faces at a party for the selected. so they simply pushed it off. of course, the selected weren't animals, so they weren't made to stay in their rooms. the selected were finally free to roam the castle. oh, the irony.

 oh, the irony

DETAILS:

— the two paragraphs above were basically a long winded way of saying that rOOM CHAPTERS ARE OPEN!!
don't start a chain here, start a chain on a room chapter (like the gardens or pools or really anywhere).
— you're also going to have to specify who you want your oc to speak with, whether it be a princess or any of my million side characters
— i'm sorry to say, but for now you may only have one chain with one of my oc's, i know that seems lame but that's still like 20 chains for me and that's a lot
— on the plus side, you can have as many chains as you'd like with other selected! make friendships! have some forbidden love! do whatever!
— and i'll possibly let you have two in the future, but you'll see an author's note be published if that happens
— HAVE FUN
— of course, remember, everyone is traumatized by the fact that they witnessed people being murdered (all the selected made it to safety, escorted by guards to one large saferoom where they had to stay for hours)
— BUT THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW SO LETS GO HAVE SOME FUN WOOOO!!!

 — you're also going to have to specify who you want your oc to speak with, whether it be a princess or any of my million side characters— i'm sorry to say, but for now you may only have one chain with one of my oc's, i know that seems lame but th...

THERE'S NO GOOD TIMES, THIS IMPOSSIBLE YEAR. JUST A BEACHFRONT OF BAD BLOOD, AND A COAST THAT'S UNCLEAR. ALL THE GUESTS AT THE PARTY, THEY'RE SO INSINCERE. THEY JUST INTRUDE AND EXCLUDE THIS IMPOSSIBLE YEAR.

THERE'S NO YOU AND ME, THIS IMPOSSIBLE YEAR. ONLY HEARTACHE AND HEARTBREAK, AND GIN MADE OF TEARS. THE BITTER PILL I SWALLOW, THE SCARS SOUVENIRS. THAT TATTOO, YOUR LAST BRUISE, THIS IMPOSSIBLE YEAR.

THERE'S NEVER AIR TO BREATHE, THERE'S NEVER IN BETWEENS. THESE NIGHTMARES ALWAYS HANG ON PAST THE DREAM.