The fight

Kay's POV

I don't know how i feel about Ponyboy or Johnny. They are both extremely sweet. I can tell both of them like me. I started school and it was okay. Until earlier today. Ponyboy came to my rescue, Johnny did to, sort of. Is shyness gets in the way sometimes.

My day at school

I was was in drama when my teacher asked to alk to me after class.  "Kayla there is going to be a talent show in a month." my teacher said. "uhhh..okay." i said not really caring. "I want you to audition." "WHAT! uhh no i do not think so!" i said loudly from shock. "You sould because i have heard you sing and dance. You have real talent." she said sweetly. I was still shocked on what she just said. "think about it and tell me your desion tommrow." she said without out letting me finish. I nodded my head and walked out. When i walked out the door all of a sudden someone grabbed me and pushed me in to the locker. "what was that for!" i said annoyed. "well, well, well. It seems the coward has a voice." someone sneered. Bob. I thought and looked up and he was grinning sinisterly. "what do you want Bob" i said quietly. "What I want is to state the obvious. I over heard you might audition for the Tulsa Talent Show. You will never beat me. You know why?" He asked in a snotty way."no what?" I said very softly. He pushed to the floor and got close to my face and pointed his finger right under my nose. "Because you are a coward, weak and will never be good enough." He said very rude. He was about to punch me when someone said, "leave her alone" I immediately was picked up and then punched in the chest extremely hard. I flew across the hall and landed strait on my side. I looked over and saw Ponyboy yelling at Bob. Then I saw Johnny in the corner not doing anything. That was the last thing saw and then I blacked out.....About 2 Hours later! "She is waking up!" I heard someone say. When I opened my eyes I saw Johnny andTwo-bit. "Uhhh..what happened" I groaned. "You getting beaten up and Ponyboy saved your ass! Two-bit said sarcastically. All of a sudden Ponyboy and Dally walked through the door. They both ran up to me. "Kay are you okay?" Dally asked. I nodded my head. "Who did this to you!" He said in a way that frightened me a bit. "Bob, he pushed me and punches me in the chest, but" i started until he stopped me. "No Kay, you are not fine. I promised I was going to protect you and this happened." He said sternly. "Oh Jesus Christ dally! It would have been wost if Ponyboy wasn't there to save my ass!" I said very angrily. They all looked at me on shock of what i said. Dally turned to Ponyboy and asked, "Ponyboy is that true?" He asked. "Yeah I saw her getting pushed by Bob and him saying bad stuff about her so I kinda ya know, punched him...." he said looking at his shoes. "Ponyboy listen to me...thank you. If it weren't for you my awesome kid sister would be dead if it weren't for you kicking his ass." He said very sternly. "No problem. She would have done the same thing if it were me." He said then smiled at me. "What "trash" did he say about you" Dally asked looking me strait in the face. "Uhh nothing. It doesn't matter." I plastered a smile on to my face. Dally gave me this face,🤔 and said suuuure" 😑. He stood up and walked to the kitchen. Ponyboy has a worried look on his face. "Pony, what's wrong." I asked him. It's just, what is Darry gonna day when he figures out I punched Bob in the face." "Hell don't worry about it and come over here I gotta talk to you." Dally butted in. Ponyboy stood up and went to the kitchen. I saw Johnny on the other couch then i wondered, wait a minute! Johnny was there watching the whole thing and didn't do shit. "Johnny...how come you didn't help today when I was getting beat up." I asked him nicely. "Uhh well it is just I gotten beat up real bad by him and I didn't want to get involved." He said not looking up. "Okay it is just I would have been there for you, scared or not." I said looking him on the face. He looked up at me and said, "well shoot, I am sorry I feel real bad that you got hurt and your right, I should have been there for you." He said very heart felt. All of a sudden Dally walked out and said, "so my kid sister got a talent for singing huh?" He said and grinned playfully. I blushed bright red and covered my face with a pillow. "Don't get embarrassed, i just never knew you were good at something" he said and playfully shoved me. "Oh haha. I am not that good." I said uncovering my face. "Well I will be the judge of that." He said still grinning. "Really and how?" I asked giving him this face,🤨. "Well I want to here you sing." He said seriously. "Uhhh no way in hell I am singing!" I said very loudly cause I got embarrassed. "Oh ok i guess I will never see my kid sister sing. I know I missed your voice for at least 6 years but whatever." He said kind of hurt. I didn't know what to say. I felt bad. "Fine I am going to audition next Sunday for the Annaual Tulsa Talent Show, you can see me sing then." I said turning pink. "Thanks sis." He said laughing. I got up and went into the backyard and sat against a tree. Ponyboy walked out and sat by me. "Sooo you still up to hanging out on Saturday." He asked blushing. "Of course, but you haven't told me where we are going." I said looking at the trees. "It is a surprise." He said grinning😁. "Thanks for saving me today." I said softly. "Yeah of course I would save you, I wouldn't be able to just stand there watching you get beat up."He said kindly. Without thinking i said "that is exactly what Johnny did. Didn't even flinch when I was on the floor in pain." "Kay, it doesn't matter what he does, you need to know that I will always have your back." He said smiling. "Thanks Ponyboy. Your the best." I said smiling back. Then I heard the screen door slam shut. I turned and no one was there. "Johnny He heard what we were saying." I thought. Me and Pony went back inside and The rest of the gang were back. When we were on the couch I couldn't help starring at Ponyboy. I think i got a little crush on Ponyboy Curtis.

Johnny's POV

When I saw Kayla on the floor I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to get beat up by Bob again.  I just couldn't. Once we got home I was hurt when Kayla was upset because i just stood there. I had a good reason why, and it is not about her. I don't know why I said that. She would have saved my ass no matter the circumstances. I felt horrible. To make it worse I heard Kay and Pony talking. I think Ponyboy likes her. I don't know at this point who Kay likes. That means it is not to late to get her back.