Chapter 1|the demon

( Seraphina's p.o.v.)
My family was great, my friends were supportive and very kind, but even though I had a few bullies, that didn't bother me. I was living a great life, but I still had the feeling I was different from everyone else. My first reason for saying that, my hair. It was long, almost reaching the floor and was a bloody red color, it was like that naturally. Second, my eye color match my hair. And third, I'm adopted, meaning I don't even know my real parents. I sat in my class for the end of the day, doing my math homework since in was done with everything else, when I heard the normal cruel whispers about me from my bullies. They tried to spread rumors about me as always, but the students didn't by them any mind, knowing not to trust their words. My favorite teacher, Mrs.Bay, turned to my main bully, Ashlyn.
" Miss Parks, do have something to say to the rest off the class?"
Ashlyn turned away and remained quiet. Mrs.Bay turned to the boy Ashlyn was trying to talk to, David Jones, and spoke to him.
" What was she saying Mr. Jones?"
" Trying to spread rumors again, Ma'am."
" About who?"
David pointed to me. Mrs.Bay sighed.
" Do we need to have another talk Miss Parks?"
" No, Mrs.Bay."
Everyone started working again, and after a while, class ended. We all got up out of our seats and everyone left. I stayed behind for a minute and talked to Mrs.Bay.
" Thanks for the help with Ashlyn, Mrs.Bay."
" Of course, Sweetheart. Now, did you finish that homework?"
I nodded, giving it to her.
" You always get your work done."
I smiled and the two of us walked out of the school together. Mrs.Bay was like my school mom, she treated me with respect and was very protective of me. I really was her favorite, but she wouldn't tell the other students that.
" Bye Mrs.Bay."
" Goodbye, Sweetheart. I'll see you next Monday."
I left the school and walked home like usual. The wind was blowing harder and colder than usual, making me snuggle into my coat for warmth. I walked home was welcome by my mom, pulling into the driveway. She got out of her car and smiled at me.
" Hello, honey." She smiled.
" Hey mommy."
" Go pack up some clothes, we're going to your grandmother's house for a family reunion."
I nodded, and hurried inside. I packed up some clothes, some of my books, and a sketch book. I ran back outside and got into the car. My mom pulled out of the driveway, and my parents talked to each other. I was listening to my music, looking out the window.
" Was school?" My dad asked.
" The usual, papa bear."
He nodded.
" That Ashyln causing you trouble still?"
" Of course."
He shook his head.
" I swear we need to have a word with that girl's parents."
I smiled.
" I'll be fine, papa bear."
" Alright, Lovebug."
After a long drive, when came to my grandmother's big house out in the country. Most would see a grandmother as a little old lady, but not my grandma. She was far from fragile and was strong hard working woman. I remember her fixing a big part of her house after a tornado hit all by herself. We got out of the car and went inside. My family greeted us with hugs and smiles. My grandma ran over and hugged me.
" Oh, there's my girl."
" Hey grandma."
My cousin, Adam, ran over behind my grandma and hugged me.
" I'm so glad to see you."
His sister, Luna, wasn't as excited to see me. She rolled her eyes at me and began to walk away, until her parents.
" Luna, do you start that." Her mom said.
" Sorry." She said to me, not really caring.
I sighed.
" She really doesn't like me, does she."
" She's just being a brat, come in let's go have some fun."
I nodded, and ran off to go play video games and talk about our schools. Hours went by, and I was having a great time, until Luna came into the room. I ignored her and turned to Adam.
" So, your mom said you made the football team. Congratulations, man."
" Thanks."
" What they do you playing."
" Quarterback."
I gave him a high five.
" Nice, I'll have to see you play at some time man, you'll rip the other team apart."
" Heck yeah."
Luna just started at me, but I remained quiet. Adam turned to her.
" Why are you staring at her for?"
" I'm not." She lied.
" Yeah, okay. Whatever." He said, rolling his eyes.
" Really, Adam. She's not even apart of this family. Not really."
I couldn't hold it back anymore.

This is why she hated me so much?! Because I wasn't related to her by blood??!

I turned to her.
" Well, you know something? Family doesn't have to stop at relatives!" I snapped.
She jumped and took a step back. Then with a huff, she left the room. I sat back in my chair, and tears fell down my cheeks. Adam hugged me.
" I'm sorry."
" Nah, you have nothing to apologize for. You're right. You're apart of this family, whether she likes it or not."
After a while, everyone left and went the hotals they were staying at, but me and my parents stayed at my grandma's house. I went up to the attic, where a usually stayed at when I was when we visited. I looked around, and noticed that the attic was different, then again it had been a few years since I'd been at her house. I looked around, and after a while of looking I found his old looking black book. It had a lock on it, but when I touched it, the lock fell apart. I flipped to a random page and read a little bit. The book kept saying," the demon behind the wall", but I didn't understand what it was saying when it referred to his demon. I shook my head, and put the book back. I then heard a deep, dark, demonic laugh. I quickly turned around and saw I huge black and red demon, with seven different mouths, and long claws and fangs.
" Well, what do we have here?"
It reached out to me. My heart skipped a beat, and suddenly I swung my hand at him.
" STAY AWAY FROM ME!!"
When I swung my hand, my hair and eyes began to glow and fire came from my hand when I swung it. The demon took a step back, hissing from pain, the fire had burned his hand. I got up, and ran downstairs, and out of that good awful attic. I ran back to my room, and shut the door behind me. I looked at my hands. No fire, and my eyes and hair stopped glowing too. I sighed.

What the heck is going on?!