Chapter 8| The baby dragon

( Seraphina's p.o.v.)
After what happened at the Slender mansion, Zalgo was still angry beyond belief. I sat in the Garden, picking the flowers, picking off the thorns, and making a flower crown with Lizzie. Once the flower crown was made, I walked over to Lizzie and put it on her head. She giggled, looking at her reflection in the fountain.
" Thank you." She smiled.
I nodded.
" Of course."
Zalgo walked into the flower garden and smiled at us.
" Girls, I see your having fun."
We nodded, then Zalgo picked me up in his large clawed hands, holding me bride style, then he walked off with me as Lizzie left.
" No meetings today."
He shook his head.
" No, everything seems to fine for now. I see you and Lizzie are good friends."
I nodded.
" She's a Sweetheart."
He smiled at me, letting out a chuckle. We went inside and Zalgo sat me down on the bed in our room. He let out a yawn and laid down on the bed.
I rubbed his head, a happy smile on my face.
" Tired, honey?"
" Like you have no idea." He said, smiling up at me.
" Oh, poor thing." I laughed.
He rolled his eyes and sat up, pulling me into his arms, and began to tickle me.
" Zalgo! Quite!" I laughed.
He refused to listen and tears fell down my cheeks from the laughter. I reached up and kissed him, smiling through the kiss. When we pulled away, he had a smile on his face.
" You sly little thing." He smiled.
" I can be when I want to be."
He rolled his eyes then a knock came from the door. We got up and Zalgo opened the door, only to see a guard standing there.
" Sir, there's something we found in the garden you should see."
We went to the garden, and sitting there in a small cage was what looked like a small dragon. It immediately looked up at me with its big, flaming orange eyes. As Zalgo talked to the guards, I opened the cage and put my hand out. The baby dragon sniffed my hand then jumped into my arms.
" It's okay, sweetie. You're safe." I smiled, petting its head.
It let out a purr and almosted seemed to smile. Zalgo and the guards turned to me as the poor thing nuzzled into my neck, as if it was trying to get warm. The poor thing yawned then went to sleep. Zalgo chuckled.
" He likes you."
" Can I keep him?"
He nodded.
" I don't see why you can't. Dragons are drawn to other fire creatures, so it more than likely came here Because of you."
" You make it sound like a bad thing." I smirked.
He smiled back at me.
" Far from it really. When he's all grown and terrifying, he'll let you rid him."
I smiled at the cute dragon and Zalgo turned to me.
" So, what's his name?"
I thought for a moment, then I smiled.
" I think I'll call him Draco."
Zalgo nodded, then we went inside. When we got to our room, I laid Draco down on my pillow, sitting next to the small dragon on the bed. Zalgo sighed and I turned to him.
" What's the matter dear?"
" I have to talk to general Onyx for a moment. Call if you need me."
I nodded, then he left. I turned back to the small creature as it slept.

I wonder where the poor thing came from.

( Zalgo's p.o.v.)
When I got to the meeting room, General Onyx was there with one of his soldiers.
" What is it, Onxy?"
" I heard you had a...dragon problem. I wanted to get rid of the pest for you."
I sighed.
" I normally would allow it if it was a normal black dragon, but this one is not."
He raised an eyebrow.
" How so?"
" This dragon is a fire dragon, it was drawn her because of Seraphina. The dragon is her pet now."
The two went quiet and I sighed.
" Well, if that's all, I'm taking my leave."
I left the meeting room and walked down the hall. I thought for a moment, that baby dragon...looked a lot like Hestia dragon. I shook my head and sighed.

That's not possible. A little dragon like that couldn't survive that long with out its mother. I'm just overthinking things.

When I got back to my and Seraphina's room, I saw her on the bed with the dragon, fast asleep. I smiled and covered her up.

I've never been so jealous of a stupid dragon.