Chapter 4|Worry

( Seraphina's p.o.v.)
Zalgo and I talked for a while, until my mom called. I answered.
" Hello?"
" Seraphina, me and your father are caught up at work, so we'll be back home tomorrow morning."
" Okay, bye mom."
I hung up, then I went downstairs, Zalgo followed. I sat on the couch.
" I didn't want to hurt her." I said.
" It's her own fault, she shouldn't have bothered you."
I looked up at him.
" Zalgo, this is serious! I burned her cheek! I BURNED HER!"
Zalgo sat next to me, and cupped my cheeks.
" Calm down, firefly."
I calmed down, and he gave me a kiss on the forehead. I blushed and pushed away.
" Stop that! That's embarrassing!"
He chuckled.
" Aww, poor thing."
He pulled me into his arms and kissed my neck. I blushed harder.
" Za-Zalgo!"
He let out a purr.
" You're burning up." He said.
" Hush!"
I pulled away and glared at him. His eyes went wide.
" You're eyes. They're golden and red."
I got up and ran to the bathroom, then looked into the mirror. The white park of my eyes were golden and my eyes were a darker red than before. I gasped at what I saw, then turned to the door way, where Zalgo stood.
" What the heck is going on?!"
He walked over and hugged me.
" Firefly, calm down. You're a halfling remember? This is probably your, nonhuman, DNA."
I was shaking, and Zalgo let me go, looking down at me.
" Hey, you're going to be okay."
I nodded. We walked back downstairs and went to the living room. We sat on the couch and Zalgo cupped my cheeks.
" Let me see your eyes."
He sighed, heavily.
" Back to normal."
" Don't think you could call my eyes really, 'normal', Zalgo."
He shrugged.
" They're normal to me."
" Well, of course they would be to you. You're a demon."
" True."
The door swung open and there stood my parents. They looked mad.
" Seraphina, care to explain why Ashlyn's parents called to us at work, telling us she came with a huge burn on her cheek, saying you did it!" My mom yelled
My dad, who showed more mercy, stepped between me and my mom.
" Honey, let's calm down. I agree she needs a punishment, but let's not forget that Ashlyn has been bullying her since she was ten."
My mom sighed, then looked at me with a stern look.
" Why did you burn her? And how did you do it?"
" I didn't mean to, and I don't know how I did it."
" Seraphina, that,'I don't know', won't work here. Now, how did you do it?!"
My anger rose, and Zalgo noticed, pulling me into his arms.
" Stay calm." He whispered to me.
" I'll try."
My mom stepped closer to us.
" SERAPHINA!"
I snapped.
" I DON'T KNOW!"
My hair caught fire, my eyes changed their color, and fire appeared on my hands. My parents stepped back. I looked down at myself, then up at my parents, who looked at me terrified. I calmed down, and everything about me went back to normal. I cried as I looked down.
" I-I'm sorry...I'm sorry.."
My dad walked over and hugged me.
" Its okay, lovebug. What happened to you?"
Zalgo stepped in.
" She's always been liked this."
My parents turned to him.
" What?" My mom said.
With a snap of his fingers, he made the book appear.
" Seraphina and I have a theory that she's the daughter of the fire goddess, Hestia."
My mom glared at him.
" That's crazy!"
" Lady, you just saw your daughter go up in flames from her anger, with no injury on her, and watched me make a book appear from thin air. This seems tame by comparison."
My mom went quiet.
" The book of the underworld says that she disappeared, soon after you adopted Seraphina. All the other beings from the underworld are to cruel and violent to care about humans. So, She's the only one likely to be related to Seraphina."
My parents went quiet.
" So, what are you Zalgo?"
He gave them a sharp tooth smile.
" One of the rulers of the underworld. Hestia is the other ruler. She rules the fire lands, and I control the shadows."
" So, you're not our daughter's boyfriend?" My dad asked.
Zalgo kissed my cheek, giving me a smile.
" Never said that I wasn't."
I rolled my eyes.
" Sh-Shut up."
He laughed, sitting down next to me.
My parents were shocked, then my dad sighed, hugging me.
" Even though I didn't know this would happen, I still love you sweetie."
" Love you too daddy."
My mom gave me a smile, then we all sat there as Zalgo read from the book.
" The only way we'll know for sure, is if she can get anger or embarrased enough, to where these fire tattoos will appear. However, we can't push it."
My parents nodded. As my parents talked, Zalgo and I went back upstairs.
I sat on the bed, as Zalgo shut the door behind us.
" Are you okay?"
" I don't know."
He sat next to me and put his arms around my shoulder.
" Don't worry. We'll figure this out."
" I hope so."
( Ashlyn's p.o.v.)
I looked in the mirror, staring at the burn on my cheek.
" How did she do this?"
My parents were talking about it downstairs. I couldn't get over this durn, as soon as she punched me, it was like a huge flame ran through me.
" She really is a freak!"
I got up and walked to my bed, grabbing my phone.
" I've got proof of what she did. Time to get the word out."
( Seraphina's p.o.v.)
After a long night, I stayed home the next day. I stayed with Zalgo, too afraid to stay home alone. I laid down on the couch and watched the TV, as Zalgo read from that book of his. Ashlyn was more than likely spreading rumors about what happened. I shivered at the thought, I looked up at Zalgo, who was still reading. I got up and walked over to him. He looked up at me.
" What's the matter?"
He put the book down and as soon as he did, I hugged him. He chuckled, pulling me into his lap.
" Still nervous about that girl you punched?"
I nodded. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.
" Don't worry about her."