03

"it was nice hanging with you today."felix muttered and looked up at the boy. the only thing he could hear was the steps they took and the soft drops of the rain that drizzled a couple of hours ago. changbin swung his bag from the purchased gifts while he walked, holding felix's hand in his other.
felix looked up at the moon in front of him, his eyes slowly drifting towards the sky, looking at the stars as they looked back. you can do it...
"changbin?"his eyes train on stars that give him courage to speak to such a boy on his first date.
"yeah?"concerned, he looked up to see if something was moving there, but the sky was as still as the boys anxiety.
"have you hurt people? h-have you ever felt bad about it?" he looks downwards to his converse, blinking furiously.whether it was an itch or tears that stain his face, he couldn't tell. it was too blunt.
"that's a weird quest... of course I've hurt people. everyone does it at some point of their life, right...? it can be easy to hurt someone when we do not feel the best ourselves. it's easy to show anger than to show hurtfulness....
many people who have been hurt by others can have the tendency to cope by taking it out on people. it is quite an unjust system that we created for ourselves, but that's just how humans are. why do you ask?"
felix wanted to spur his childhood traumas right there and front, warning him of the baggage before they got too deep, ending with hurt and another episode of the dread and resentment towards the others who hurt him in the past.
"i don't know... i just..." he sighs, burying his fingers into his hair, attempting to find the right words. he tilted his head up once again to the stars, the midnight black blue sky, and the moon that never seemed too far away. like he could just hold her in her hands and never let go..l
"it's nothing. never mind. i was just wondering." he wanted to say more. he wanted to pour out his defense right there, warning him to not hurt a soul who's been broken and stitched back multiple times.
"this is yours, yes?" changbin pointed to the house in front of them. he turned to felix, seeing the eyes of his who felt he could not love.
"hey, it's going to be okay. i'll take good care of you. i know it's scary at first, but you'll grow to love it."
felix was slow to nod, averting his eyes to the "beware of dog" sign at the neighboring house. he heard footsteps to see another boy their age walk by. both turned to see the guy walking past. he was tall, with a cap underneath his sweatshirt. he nodded as he walked past.
"goodnight" he quickly walked past.
"goodnight" the boys softly said in unison.
"have a great night. i enjoyed today. thank you." the younger gave a quick grin, shifting his weight.
"i enjoyed today too, text me tomorrow, yeah? stay safe and have a good night..." he said, giving a quick kiss on his forehead.
and with that, they parted.