06

clunk. clunk. clunk.
she heard the boy chuckle; a beautiful one he is. "you're really funny changbin." underneath the dock, she sneered, walking underneath them. the waves splashed beneath her, telling her to get back to her brother, he needed her.
not now, jihae, i'll be gone soon just let me finish this!
the water splashed beneath her, dampening her coat. why was she so impatient over this? her black hair was thick and full of salt from the splash. jiwoo looked up, noting the end on the dock and then end of the clunks from the shoes above. she picked strands of seaweed out of her hair.
"d-do you have a-"
-
"moon!" her voice was hoarse from the sneers and scoffs, as well as the yelling before. she intended her voice to be loud, yet all she could force out was a whisper.
the hospital smell filled her lungs, ironically making her nauseous. she sat in front of a hospital bed with her little brother fast asleep, his air mask filling, fogging, and clearing as he breathed out. besides the scenery, he was quite peaceful. the way his chest rose and fell looked like the taste of cotton candy, and how it melts quickly in your mouth, causing you to want more.
"did you hear that?" the doctors voice rang through her ears. she looked over hazily, her striking blue eyes piercing the doctor, catching her off guard. she stood up, a couple inches taller than the lady and spoke, "can you repeat what you said, ma'am?" she stared at her coldly, keeping her frame up and straight, perfect; the way her father would violently teach her.
"he had a severe asthma attack and flatlined three hours before you got here. he should be okay to take home tomorrow as we need to monitor him. we tried albuterol, but it was not fully effective. because of this, we used Ipratropium which worked more efficiently. your parents were unavailable."
"thank you. you can go now."
jiwoo walked over to her sleeping brother, running her fingers through his hair.
"oh jeongin, you can't get along, can you?"

-

"jiwoo! what did i tell you? trust me next time when i say to leave a situation!" jihae smacked the back of her friends head lightly. jiwoos glazed eyes reflected the ocean, showing the moon and the connection between the ocean and the moon. she wasn't in the conversation with jihae right now; and she could tell from the little reaction she got.
"that bitch" she muttered, looking down to her knee high booted heels. she splashed the water against her cold feet, feeling pressure on her hands. she lifted her hands, causing the boots to fall against the rocks. i always have to take care of your shit, take off your boots before i have to.
"you're still caught up on them, huh?" she rolled her eyes, glancing over at the edge of the dock.
"he doesn't know, just let it be." of course this was easy for jihae to say, she was the fricking oceans friend. jiwoo envied that it was this easy to make decisions for her friend, just like she despised many other things.