• forty-six

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

harry's point of view

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

"Niall!" I turned to look at the barista that shouted his name and I waited for him to show himself. I felt excited to see him, I could barely contain myself.

When I saw a blonde boy stand up and head to the counter, my eyes immediately locked on him. Holy fuck. I could only see the back of him, but I loved what I was seeing.

I walked toward him and I stood right behind him, waiting for him to notice me. As he turned around, everything stopped. I forgot that there were people around us, as I stared at him. Only one word came to mind when I saw his face; stunning.

That's a lie. A lot more words come to mind; gorgeous, amazing, beautiful, incredible, lovely, cute, babe, mine. And yet I could only manage to say, "Niall, you're so fucking cute, baby."

I cringe inside. You're so fucking cute?
I couldn't come up with something other than that? I was so lame, I mentally facepalmed. But he seemed to like it, since his face softened. His eyes, oh my lord, they were so beautiful and blue and wow. Everything about him was amazing and I couldn't contain smile as I looked at him.

"H-Hey Harry." His Irish accent was the most adorable thing I had ever heard in my life and I mentally 'aww'ed. Many people thought of me as intimidating but I hoped that Niall didn't see me as that because I already had a soft spot for him.

I motioned for him to sit down in the table next to us. I bit my lip as I quickly thought of something to talk to him about. Niall had told me that he was awkward and didn't really know how to start a conversation so I had to make sure to talk first. "So.. how are you?" Seriously, Harry? That's the best I could come up with?

However, my worries left when I saw Niall's smile grow and I saw a little tinkle in his eyes. I saw him physically relax and I smiled to myself. That meant he was getting comfortable with me! "I'm quite good. How are you?" and just like that we started talking like we did when we were on a phone call. It was no longer awkward and we got considerably more comfortable with each other.

We spent three hours talking about everything and anything before he got a phone call. As it turns out, it was his friend Liam calling from the hospital with some news. Niall's eyes were wide as he hung up and he told me he had to leave fast to see his friend. I offered to go with him because I knew he was nervous and partly because I really didn't want to say goodbye to him. I really enjoyed his company and he just—he made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe because of all my feelings for him. But I wasn't about to tell him all that and when he told me that he'd rather go alone to the hospital, I quickly accepted it and let him go after saying goodbye.

After he left, I sat in my car in the parking lot for 20 minutes just thinking about his smile and his laugh. His laugh was so loud and it caught many people's attention around the café but that was okay because it was cute. I loved the way his cheeks bunched up and his eyes crinkled when he smiled. I thought about all his stories and the way he played with his fingers. I thought about his beautiful blue eyes. They were intense when he stared at me, just listening to me talk.

Smiling to myself, I take out my phone and go to Niall's chat before typing something and sending it to him. Then I drive home, grinning the whole way.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

omg okay sorry i took forever to update ily guys and thank you for 16K?? that's crazy! <3

—d.