Chapter Six: Settling In

"Always looking down, at all I see."
Kings Of Leon, Use Somebody

ON JULY THE 18TH, WE WERE STILL WAITING FOR AT LEAST SOME KIND OF MISSION.

And things weren't lively.

I came via Zeta Tube to see Red Tornado with the others. I came just in time to see KF and Robin race off to the hangar doors. I followed quietly, hoping not to be noticed.

I'm an introvert, sue me.

A gust of air blew me backwards, and I let out a yell, which earnt a complimentary yell from KF too. "Woah! Since when were you here Shady?!"

I shrugged, a little embarrassed. However our attention was diverted when Red Tornado landed.

"Red Tornado!" KF said joyfully. I didn't fully understand what was going on, so I just listened from the back quarter.

"Greetings. Is there a reason you intercept outside the cave?" Red Tornado replied, in his robotic voice.

"We hoped you had a mission for us," Aqualad explained.

Oh, that's why.

"Mission assignments are the Batman's responsibility."

"But it's been over a week, and nothing-" Robin tried to say, but was cut off.

"You will be tested soon enough. For the time being, simply enjoy each other's company."

I hated socializing so I had to say something at this point. "This team isn't exactly a social club," I mumbled, my voice coming out less annoyed than I'd intended.

"No. But I am told social interaction is an important team building exercise. Perhaps you can keep busy by familiarizing yourselves with the cave," he said whilst walking past us.

No, wrong, social interaction is the bane of my existence. The mere thought of being surrounded by these nice people is terrifying because we're all practically strangers apart from the main three.

"Keep busy," KF nudged Robin.

"Does he think we're falling for this?!" Robin questioned angrily.

"Oh, I'll find out!" Miss Martian eagerly stepped forward. She narrowed her eyes and looked straight at Red Tornado, as they glowed a surprisingly bright green. Then she sighed. "I'm sorry, I forgot, he's a machine. Inorganic. I... cannot read his mind."

"Nice try though," KF grinned, "so, uh, you know what I'm thinking now?"

Robin snorted, and bashed KF's back. "We all know what you're thinking now,"

"Oww!"

That's disgusting. I hate men. I hate people. God I want to go home, and drown in my bathtub, till I'm submerged in the deep vast void of nothingness till the end of time.

"And now we tour the club house," Aqualad remarked sarcastically.

"Well, Superboy and I live here, so we can play tour guides." Miss Martian offered cheerfully.

"Don't look at me," Superboy stated, as KF and Robin turned to him.

"We won't," KF replied, leaning closer to Miss Martian, "the private tour sounds much more fun."

Urgh, PDA. Get it away from me!

"W-wa- she never said private!" Robin stuttered.

"And for once I'm glad I'm not the pretty one," I muttered. I didn't intend for anyone to hear it, but Robin turned.