Character Log

Name: Emilia Romanoff Brookston

Age: eleven

Birthday: May 4th

Alias: Shadow

Partner: Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)

Nationality: British-Ukrainian

Relatives: Dmitri Ivanov Brookston (father), Annabeth Verge (mother)
All other relations, if any, are unknown.

Personality: Emilia is a quiet, reserved girl, who prefers to watch from the back and not get in the way. Although she is good with helping other people with her problems, she completely panics when something is left up to her. She has a small sarcastic side, but she only uses it in friendly gestures.

Most of the time, Emilia is easygoing and levelheaded, however when pushed too far, her anger can have bad consequences. She has a bad habit of being untrusting, because of her background. But it's also because she's scared of what people will think of her, and it's her firm belief that she shouldn't burden others with problems.

However, most of the time, she just uses the excuse of it being weak to open up to other people. I wonder if she got that from Artemis.

Conditions: dyslexia (processing and working memory), social anxiety and haphephobia (the fear of being touched)

Abilities

Acrobatics: Emilia's weakest point is acrobatics, just about managing to perform a decent summersault.

Speed: Emilia is able to be quick thinking, however she needs to reload quicker.

Martial arts: Emilia has a grade black in Karate (courtesy of her father), and is very good with dodging and blocking. Prefers to defend rather than attack.

Human durability: Emilia has a surprising ability to stay strong much longer than the human average, or any of her teammates for that matter... I probably shouldn't have wrote that.

Performance in school: like any kid, Emilia has her strengths and weaknesses. Her lowest subjects are Biology and Textiles, however she shows consistent astounding results in Physics, Mathematics and English.

Special power(s): hell if I know. That girl could be hiding anything, she's a damn enigma.

Things she's said that made me crack up:
"I've got a bad feeling about this."
"Bloody hell!"
"Sod off, wanker!"
"That isn't how you make tea, twat!"
"Bollocks, I've never been to the pub before! I'm underage!"
"You stow that potty talk this instant, we can't die here! ... right?"
"SHUT UP, ENGLAND HAS FREE HEALTHCARE, SILLY YANK!"
(Yeah, most of them are just British things)

Ukrainian section:
"Can you believe that my father used to call me білою вороною (a white crow)? The nerve of that хуйло (dickhead)."
"Cука блять." (Bitch.)
"Я не думала, що ти підсунеш мені таку свиню (I didn't expect that you would play such a dirty trick), Natasha. Иди на хуй (Go fuck yourself!)!"
"My father is truly an incomprehensible man. Яку ж кашу він заварив... і для чого?!" (What a mess he stirred up... and what for?!)

Random trivia:

• Avid tea drinker

• Has an absurdly posh British accent

• Stupidly apologetic and self blaming

• Favourite food is Ukrainian cabbage rolls

• Enjoys watching cricket, football and roller skating, but can't actually do them

• She can't fix things. Seriously, the girl can't even put together a puzzle, let alone try looking at a car machine.

• Has a grade six in piano

• She can't handle people shouting at her

• Will and can use multiple British insults against her opponent

• Will and can also use multiple Ukrainian insults against her opponent

• Considers it the height of rudeness to eat in front of somebody else without offering them something (a very Ukrainian trait)

• Will brag about her superb tea brewing skills, then cry about how she can't make a decent meal for herself

Form filled out by Natasha Romanoff, Black Widow.

Filled out: January 1st, six months aprox. after Young Justice was formed.

Addition: renditions of Emilia I did in 2021 as a throwback.

Note - I headcannon Emilia as liking 40s and 50s retro clothing, but also have a really bad sense of colour scheme. Also she's good at sewing and knitting.

 Also she's good at sewing and knitting