Chapter Ten: Wash Out

A/N: hey guys! Just to heat up the tension, today's chapter is gonna reveal more about Emilia's father and why she hates him so much. It will also focus on how much the team means to her.
With out further ado...

"I feel so cold, and I long for your embrace."
The Police, Every Breath You Take

"THE HIGH SPEED TRAIN is a high tech piece of machinery that goes directly from Central City to Gotham." Batman said. "There's just one problem. We got a report that Sportsmaster was spotted entering the train. It's been five minutes since it left the station, and the drivers on board have made no mandatory contact." He looked at us sternly. "You will find out what he's up to on the train, and then revert it back to it's present course. All of you will be going; except for Shadow."

My eyes widened, and I bitterly shrunk in on myself.

"The League and this team has agreed that the nonsense you pulled on the job yesterday was unacceptable."

I looked over at the others, and to my horror they were avoiding my eyes. I thought that they had forgiven me, but clearly no. Had I fucked up that bad? Was it all over? Had I just ruined everything, all over again?

"You will stay put for a week until Black Widow says that you're clean." Batman finished.

Absolutely humiliated, I almost started to cry.  I couldn't even look at the others, though I could feel their apologetic gaze on me.

"Everyone, to the bioship." Kaldur instructed.

At that moment, I realized that everyone didn't include me. It never had. I was just the strange quiet girl who tagged along for the excitement; I was a burden. It was almost like they were doing it to babysit me.

I hate my damn life.

"I am sorry Shadow, but you should sit this one out," Kaldur remarked, whilst climbing aboard.

Ha. Real formal way of saying sorry, huh?

"It's ok Shady. I'll... I'll give you half of my snacks when I get back." Wally tried to reason.

Screw you, I'm not damn hungry.

"Shady... I'm sorry."

Wow, is that all you have to say, Superboy?

"I'm sorry too," Meghan hugged me.

Doesn't make a difference.

"What they said," Robin's reply stung me the most. I don't think he even looked at me as he went on board. Nobody would understand why I'd done it.

Nobody ever will.

£

Plans for the next hour: look depressed, draw. Do music theory. Listen to Radiohead. Practice fighting moves. Make annoyed faces. Perfect my death stare. Maybe do some reading.

I sighed, as I stared at the sad list I had compiled in front of me. I wasn't just upset now, I felt betrayed. Lost. Angry.

It was as if all the shit had finally got to me, and I'd had enough. I tore up my list, grabbed my army hat, and stormed off to the Zeta tube. Unfortunately, I was making the exact same mistake I'd done last mission; bottle up my emotions until they all came out in one huge load, causing me to lose my head.

"Recognized Shadow. B09."

"Central City," I growled. I was gonna take down Sportsmaster on my own, just like I've always done. For once... For once I was going to try and be like Dad.