Chapter Twenty Seven: Wally's Birthday

A/N: Aaaaaaaaaannnd, I'm back. Just needed time to sort out my options, which really sucked, because now I have to drop Spanish and take History instead. Which was one of four options I'd never even considered taking, so... Yeah, my life is a mess.

Sighs annoyedly. But yeah, for those who waited (sorry), here's a new chapter. Also I'm thinking of doing a sequel, so let me know if I should do that of whatever. My writing may be off because I'm feeling a little down, but I'll try my best. Thank you again, to those who have been sticking around... And oh yeah, if you're commenting, you're welcome to refer to me as Znimz or Nzimz. Or a variation of the two... It's a nickname that's stuck.

Another extra thank you to SKZ_is_life and Brooklyn_Writes for being awesome... Uh, yeah, that's it. If anyone else has had problems with their GCSES then please let me know so I'm not alone... Ugh. Enjoy, I'll shut up now.

"The subject of school girl fantasy."
The Police, Don't Stand So Close To Me

OF COURSE, a certain speedsters birthday had to pop up. I worked so hard to get him a good present, but I couldn't decide between too many snacks or an upgrade to his goggles. So I chose both. The day beforehand, in my room, I was busy piling crisps, homemade cookies, and a cooking book into a large cardboard box.

It's about time he learned how to cook for himself.

"Right," I said, sellotaping the box. "Now," I narrowed my eyes, "for those goggles." I knew Wally didn't let those darn things out of his sight for two seconds, so I had to be sneaky. But I wasn't very good at being sneaky...

But there was one person who definitely was. Hiding the box carefully under my bed, I ran to the nearest zeta tube, and from there to the cave. I knew exactly where Robin would be, so I quickly ran over to the training room, where just as I had assumed, Kaldur and Robin were sparring.

I patiently waited for them to finish, and Robin ended up on the floor. A small chuckle made its way out of my mouth, and both of them looked up.

"Hello Shadow," Kaldur greeted kindly.

"Hey, Kaldur! Just need to talk to Mr Sunglasses here," I stuttered, gesturing to the mentioned person. Robin raised his eyebrows. We were all in civilian attire, so I felt more comfortable. Kaldur went to the garage, where he'd probably fix one of his bikes. Robin turned to me, looking amused yet curious.

"What do you require my assistance for, Em?" He asked, trying to be gallant.

"Well..." I shyly fiddled with my fingers, "I require your assistance with a task of great importance sir." I mumbled, playing along a little.

"Mmmmm?" He hummed, adjusting his dark glasses.

"I need to steal Wally's goggles," I blurted out.

"What?" He laughed. "Em, no one could get away with that! He loves those things!"

"Couldn't you?" I pestered. "Being the ninja type person you are?" I wheedled, trying flattery.

He laughed again, "Since when am I a 'ninja type person'?"

"You know what I'm on about," I mumbled folding my arms.

"I certainly do," he said, walking over to me, "but what do you need them for?"

"I'm going to upgrade them for his birthday," I mumbled, tugging on the zipper of my jumper. His face brightened.