0.4

AN:/ Italics are significant words or inner thoughts

Jungwoo's POV

*Time Skip*

A couple of months after the project was due, Doyoung and I were still together. We ended up being the only group that got a hundred percent. I introduced him to my friends and at first they didn't really like him but once they saw how nice Doyoung was, they warmed up to him immediately. Today he's taking me to the cliff again. I was in a particularly good mood since my dad left on a business trip this morning and was going to be gone tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday.

My dad got a girlfriend a couple weeks ago and he hasn't been violent to me since. I hope he's good to her because she's really kind. It seemed as if life was easier now that I've met Doyoung, and maybe that's true. With that being said, I notice that my grades are slipping. I'm considered the "smart" guy but nothing comes easily to me. I've spent ninety percent of my time studying and doing school related work. I rarely went out and when I did, it wasn't for long.

But now a days I'm out all weekend every weekend hanging out with Doyoung and the others. I don't regret doing so because honestly I've missed being a teenager. I have to suffer the consequences however, I only have three A's and the rest are B's. To my dad B stands for bad and getting anything lower makes you a "retard". My dad never goes to conferences, hell he doesn't even check my grades, so I don't have to worry just yet. I can bring up my grades before report cards are mailed.

I looked in the mirror and started fixing my hair. A buzz from my phone interupted me. I looked to my phone and saw a text from Doyoung. I'm outside. I smile to myself and pick up the phone. I looked in the mirror one last time before leaving the house. I was greeted by my boyfriend leaning against his car, waving at me. I walked over towards him and he pulled me into a hug. In his usual quiet voice he said, "How've you been babe?" "I've been good." He kissed my cheek and rubbed the back of my head before letting go of me.

We both got into the car and left. We drove in a comfortable silence just letting the radio play. Eventually we made it to the cliff. We got out of the car and I made my way to the hood and sat down on it. I watched as Doyoung went to the trunk of the car and pulled out a case of beer and a couple bottles of water. He walked over to where I was and sat on the hood next to me. We both stared out into the distance. It was silent before Doyoung spoke, "I brought you here for a reason..."

I gave him a questioning look and my heart started to quicken in pace, "What's up?" "We've been together for a little bit now but we still don't really know anything about each other." I thought deeply about his answer. He has a point, we know as much about each other as two normal friends... "We can go back and forth asking each other whatever." I suggested. Doyoung nodded his head, "...You ask me something then." I nodded my head and thought to myself. "Just tell me about your life."

He sighed, "Okay but like I said when we first became friends, I got a lot of shit." I rested my hand on his thigh, "I'm here to listen, you know I won't judge you." Doyoung nodded his head and rested his hand on mine. "Well I have a little brother, whom you've met before. He's one of if not the most important person in my life. I love him a lot and I'd do anything for him. He's my security blanket for at home. I don't know what I'd do without him...He's gay and when he came out to our parents they were disgusted. Especially my dad and because of this he left."

Tears started to pool at the bottom of Doyoung's eyes. "My mom was so in love with him that when he left, it killed her and she started drinking. She ended up meeting this guy two years ago that drank even more than her. They spent their income on cheap beer and cigarettes. My mom stopped caring about the way the house looked which is why the living room is always a mess. It made me hate life even more. I had no friends, no parents, bad grades, and just low self esteem. So I tried taking my life...twice."