Character/Relationship analysis and Symbolism {SPOILERS}

AN:/This chapter is to talk about things I couldn't directly put into the story.

Jungwoo - Jungwoo is mentally disturbed due to trauma in his life. He has friends that care about him, but deep down, he believes they aren't enough. Which is why he was willing to leave them behind without thinking. The only person he loved before Doyoung was his late mother. He wanted someone he could feel a deep and intimate connection to and he wanted someone he could be selfish with. Doyoung was that perfect person. Jungwoo is biased when it comes to Doyoung, he displays this by ignoring things that Doyoung does, that would bother him, if anyone were to do it. For example Jungwoo does not know the name of Doyoung's brother, but he doesn't care because it's Doyoung yet gets annoyed when Jungwoo's father never tells him the name of his girlfriend. Jungwoo also has a tolerance to physical pain. He's never really displayed major signs of yelling, crying, etcetera when being inflicted with physical pain. This is because he's used to his dad's beatings.

Doyoung - Doyoung has had it hard since the beginning due to neglectful parents and having to take on the role of an adult at a young age. He's passive aggressive because he's been told he's too violent. He's quiet because he's been told he's too loud. He doesn't smile because he's been told his smile is ugly. Doyoung felt that he constantly had to hide himself and deal with all of his issues with a straight face. He felt like his life truly had no meaning. The only thing keeping him alive was his brother. Unlike Jungwoo who doesn't feel a true connection towards anyone, Doyoung had a true connection to his brother. When Doyoung gets to know Jungwoo, he finds a whole new meaning to his life. He believed he was alive to protect and take care of Jungwoo. This also helped him realize how important he was to his brother.

Jungwoo's Dad - Jungwoo's dad, unlike other abusive parents, is completely aware of how he's treating Jungwoo. He simply doesn't care. Jungwoo's dad isn't an angry drunk or on any type of drugs. He's a rich, intelligent, businessman that displays clear signs of sociopathy and psychopathy. He's never loved anyone and has no meaningful connections to anyone. He saw his late wife as someone that could have his children and act as a maid. He sees Jungwoo as someone that can take over his job. He saw his most recent girlfriend as someone he could manipulate. The only reason Jungwoo's Dad was angry about the breakup with his girlfriend is that he felt like he was the one being manipulated and taken advantage of. He never liked her, he just got bored and wanted someone around. He has no empathy and barely any emotion which is why he could go as far as killing someone and not having any remorse.

Jungwoo And Doyoung - They are the definition of star-crossed/ill fated lovers. From the beginning, their relationship was doomed. They have so much love for each other that not even an "I love you" could really explain it. They're soulmates but because of circumstances, they couldn't live how they truly wanted to. Doyoung is the only person Jungwoo loves. When Doyoung lost his brother he dedicated the rest of his life to Jungwoo. They pushed out all outside forces and only cared about each other. When they realized in the previous chapter that they wouldn't be able to be together, they kill themselves. They chose to die hand in hand because it's believed lovers that commit a double suicide are said to be reunited again in heaven or end up together in their next life. In the end Doyoung and Jungwoo cared about no one else but each other.

Cliffs Edge - This has been an important part of the story since the beginning. A lot of significant events have happened here. From getting to know each other, to revealing secrets, to Jungwoo and Doyoung's first time together, to the planning of their future, to their impulsive suicide. The edge of a cliff may be the 'end of the road', signifying that you have come as far as you can in a particular endeavor of lifestyle, and that something radically new is called for. It may also be a question of whether or not you can find within yourself, enough strength and faith to step out into the unknown future; or throw yourself off the cliff. This also means you're withdrawing yourself from life's challenge.