0.6

AN:/ Italics are significant words or inner thoughts

Jungwoo's POV

I ended up sleeping in till about noon. However Doyoung never came to pick me up and I didn't receive any messages from him. I got ready and waited in the living room for him to call. My dad was currently out. Last night he made up with his girlfriend which was good because he was in a better mood. Eventually around two o'clock, I received a call from Doyoung. I picked up immediately, "Doyoung! Are you alright? What's going on-" I paused when I heard heavy breathing on the other end.

"Where are you Doyoung, what's going on?!" "My b-brother...he-he attempted suicide this morning." I then heard him break into sobs on the other end. I got up and practically sprinted out the house. "Stay on the phone Doyoung. Are you at the local hospital?" "Yes, I'm sorry." He said in between breaths. "Don't be sorry, I'll be there in a second." His breathing was so uneven, I was terrified. I stayed on the phone with him till I arrived. I hung up and ran inside.

Doyoung was in the waiting room with his knees in his chest and face in his arms. I went to him and pulled him into a hug. Seeing him in such a bad state broke me heart. I silently cried with him until he calmed down. "Doyoung...talk to me. Tell me everything" "...He's currently in ICU. They told me to wait out here and they will come to me when they receive news on his condition." "How long have you been here?" "Since 9:30...I have no idea what's taking them so long to figure out if my brother will live or not."

I could sense he was getting annoyed and impatient because of his worry. I rested my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me for the first time in the eyes and my heart broke. His eyes were blood shot red and he looked so torn up about it. There wasn't much I could do for him at this point, that's probably what made me most upset. "By any chance...yesterday, were you upset because of your brother?" Doyoung paused and nodded his head.

"Yesterday, before I grabbed the blankets and pillows, I went to the bathroom. When I opened the door he was sitting on the floor with blood dripping from his forearm. I didn't even have to ask to know what happened. He never said a word to me even when I was cleaning up his cuts and bandaging them. Afterwards I pulled him into a hug and I cried. I cried for the both of us. I told him how much I loved him and how he can always come to me because I know what he's going through...Even after all of that he never made a sound or showed any type of emotion. I took his razors and pocket knife and then I grabbed the blankets and stuff."

"I see... I'm sorry. Why didn't you tell me?" "We were having a good time and I was trying not to worry until I came back because I figured he would be fine." "Can you please tell me what happened this morning." I watched as years brimmed his eyes, I held Doyoung's hand and waited for him to speak. "...I woke up at around 8:45 Because I was planning at being at your house at around nine. I didn't think to text you to make sure you were awake. I walked into my brothers room knowing he was awake, he gets up a seven everyday without fail. When I visited him today he was writing his suicide note, except I didn't know it then. I said I loved him, that I was going on a date, and to change his bandages later on."

"Your brother knows about us?" "I tell him everything and he used to do the same but this year has been rough." I nodded my head and held his hand. "I left the house and made it half way to you when I realized I forgot my phone. So I turned around and headed back." Doyoung paused and took a shaky breath, "When I got to the door...I got the worst feeling ever. Something to me to check on him so I ran to his room and he wasn't there, I only saw a note. I Ignored it and went into the bathroom a-and he was in a pool of blood barely alive. His f-face was pale and lifeless and body was limp. The only way I knew he was alive is because I saw his chest rising. It was sickening."