0.5

AN:/ This chapter takes place Sunday. Italics are significant words or inner thoughts

Jungwoo's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I looked at the time, 11 am, I internally groaned. I regret setting weekend alarms... I was alone this morning because Doyoung had left to rent a car for the week. His wheel broke yesterday while he was out getting Chinese food. I got up, took a shower, and brushed my teeth. I went down stairs to the kitchen while holding my stomach, looking for something to eat. I looked at the plethora of breakfast options but decided I wasn't really hungry.

I went to the couch and scrolled through the my social media. After an hour or so I received a text from Doyoung. Ice cream date? I smiled to myself and responded back immediately. Feeling myself getting giddy I decided to get dressed. I picked out a light blue turtle neck and medium blue jeans. I stared at myself in the mirror for a while. "Do I look okay?" I whispered to myself. "Yes, absolutely perfect babe." I jumped, face turning completely red as Doyoung walked towards me. "When did you get here?" I asked.

He flashed me his award winning smile and said in a smug tone, "Long enough to see you getting dressed." My eyes widened and my face got even darker. He laughed at my reaction, "I'm only kidding I literally just walked in when you spoke." I sighed in relief. He then rubbed the back of my head and pulled me into hug. We stayed there for a while just feeling the warmth from each other's bodies. "So ice cream?" Doyoung said quietly. I pulled away from him and nodded. He followed me as I walked out the door.

We left the house and Doyoung introduced me to his temporary car. A minivan, nice. "This car is brand new, doesn't it look nice jungwoo?" I nodded my head and we got in the car. Once inside I looked towards the big empty space behind the back seat, "We should put something back there." Doyoung looked at me then to the back of the car, "Like what?" "Blankets, pillows, and maybe even snacks." I suggested. He nodded his head and started the car. We drove to my all time favorite ice cream place.

There was no one here which was nice. We went inside and made our way to the counter. The worker greeted us and Doyoung proceeded to order, "One large strawberry soft served and one large chocolate soft served." The worker nodded, "That'll be six, even." Doyoung nodded and reached into his pocket but by the time he got out his wallet I had already paid. While waiting for our ice cream he spoke, "You didn't have to do that babe." I shrugged, "I know, but you always pay for everything and it makes me feel bad."

"Don't feel bad I like spending money on you, Jungwoo." He smiled and rubbed the back of my head. Once our ice cream was ready we found a booth in the back of the parlor. Doyoung sat across from me and held my free hand with his as we ate our ice cream and talked. Once we finished eating I spoke, "Come sit next me." Doyoung agreed, sitting next to me and wrapping his arm around me. I moved even closer towards him and layed my head on his shoulder. "I love you Doyoung." I said quietly. "I love you too Jungwoo."

We stayed that way for a little while before deciding to leave. Once in the car Doyoung said, "Let's stop at my house." "Can we go to the cliff?" "Of course." We drove in a comfortable silence to his house. When we arrived Doyoung got out and said, "I'll grab some pillows and blankets." I nodded my head and watched as he walked into the house. After what seemed like forever he came out of the house with a container and pillows on top. I opened the trunk and hopped out of the car to help Doyoung.

He mumbled a small thank you as I brought the pillows to the car for him. We started to set up the back area together but something was off. Doyoung was dead silent. I looked over at him every once in a while and I noticed that his eyes had a slightly red tint to them. As if he'd been crying. I really wanted to ask him what was wrong but something told me not to pry, that now wasn't a good time. Once we finished Doyoung finally spoke, "This looks pretty fucking cozy."