01

I never thought I'd be in this position. I never thought that I would be a prostitute. That I would be homeless. That I would be in bed with two of my best friends. No, we didn't have a threesome. I decided to move in with them months ago, and we connected instantly.

I connected with Mike more than Scotty. He was sweeter than Scott could ever be. It wasn't that Scott was an asshole, but he was.

It's six in the morning, Scott and I had just came in from our shift, if you will. Mike always found his way back to the room before us, and always sprawled himself out in the center of the bed, passed out. He never bothered to take his shoes off, so I was always the one to undress him and make him more suitable for bed.

I walked into the bathroom and located my makeup wipes and my toothbrush. I proceeded to take off my slutty black eyeliner and mascara, and brushed my teeth. I was the only one out of the three of us who kept up with the personal hygiene, but I guess it's because I'm a girl.

I change into the pajamas hung on the towel rack, a pair of exercise shorts and a very oversized sweater that said San Diego. I walked myself back to the bed, Scott had already pushed Mike over and made space for me to lay in between them.
I slowly crawled my way in, and got comfortable. Tonight was a lot colder than any others so I wrapped a blanket around me. "Hey Scott," I mumble, his eyes open and looks at me, inches apart. "Will you buzz trim my hair tomorrow?"

"Sure, don't forget to check in with Bob tomorrow." He responds, slurring his words due to his exhaustion. I turn over to face Mike, little snores escape his parted lips. I reach over to kiss his jaw and turn off the lamp, making the room completely dark.

The morning came quick. The sun didn't shine today, but the rain pattered loudly on the windows. I looked at the clock with sleepy eyes.

9:03 AM

Scotty was laying next to me, staring up at the ceiling. The empty space behind me indicated that Mike must've made his way to breakfast already.

"How much did you make last night?" I whisper to Scott, pulling the covers up to my shoulders.

"A thousand, three guys." He replies, continuing to stare at the white and bland ceiling. "You?"

"Eight hundred, one customer for three fucking hours. He had a cock of a horse though," I laughed dryly, looking at Scott. He stayed quiet, but it didn't annoy me. "Can I ask you a question?" He hummed in response. "Why are you so ignorant and mean to me sometimes?"

"It's nothing personal." He sighs, lifting himself up to look at me, resting his head on my shoulder. "You remind me sometimes that life isn't all about working and hate. But that's all I see without you. It gets in the way. You remind me to love and smile, but I'm a hustler. You're a hustler. We hustle, we're suppose to work or die."

"There's no harm in enjoying yourself every once in a while. I see you smile all the time around Mike." I mumble, brushing his hair out of his face.

"That's different, he's my best friend, I love him."

"And what about me?"

"I like ya." He grins then looks up at me. I roll my eyes and lay back down. "I'm kidding, you're really nice. And find ways to make life good, it's incredible. And I'm sorry I'm a dick."