05

The next morning was rough. I woke up to the sound of slamming doors and rushing water. It was the washing machines. They were cheap, but they got the job done.

I quickly folded up the blankets and such, and made my way out the backdoor. The sun was just coming up, and by the looks of it, it was only around six or seven. The fresh air made me feel relaxed as I walked back to the hotel. I didn't want to go, but it was probably best if I checked in.

The door opened quickly, I wasn't shocked that they didn't lock the door. My arms carried the laundry and shoved it into the closet that was to the right of the entrance door.

I looked towards the bed, Mike's soft snore covered the silence. Soon enough the sheet that covered him flew into the air, and Scott was just on top of him.

Scott's face was full of false worry

Scott's face was full of false worry. "Where did you go? We were so worried about you. I even had to calm Mike down." He smirked.

He didn't love me. Not the way I was looking for anyways.

"I'm going to pack my things. And head out. I'll be back soon. And if I don't return, don't worry about me." I say quickly, not thinking. I guess I'm leaving. I rummage through the closet to find my suitcases. I successfully find them quicker than I thought.

"Wait, what?" I heard Scott question. The bed squeaks indicating that he was getting off of it. The wood creeks from under us, his warm body stood just behind me. I didn't want to face him. I was still hurt. I usually get over things quickly, but it was different this time.

"I'll work for some cash if I need it. Thanks for letting me stay." My voice cracks, I felt like crying again. I continue shoving my clothing into my luggage, my breathing became uneven.

"Elias, wait." Scott's arm pulls me up to face him, but I continued to look down at the ground. "I'm sorry Eli. I shouldn't have gotten your hopes up, or even thought of you in that way. Just don't go."

"It's too late, I have plans."

"Eli-"

"I have to go." I swiftly zip the bag and walk towards the door.

"Eli I need you. Please." He stands in front of the door entrance, blocking my way out. I finally look up at his face, his dark eyes searched for mine. "Mike needs you. Don't you remember what I said before? You make life worth while, no matter how shitty it is. You remind me it's not hell. Just don't go." His voice at the moment was the type where you'd beg someone not to die on you. It could break my heart. But it was already broken. By him.

"Scott. Find yourself. I can't continue to be your light in life when all you do is give me shit. You used me, you won."

"I love you Elias. I'm not in love with you okay. I'm sorry I did what I did. Please don't go." His hand was on my cheek now, his eye continued to search mine, but I had to blink away tears.

"Tell Mike I love him for me. I love you too, Scott. Take care." I open the door, and squeeze by him. I planted a kiss on his bare shoulder, and made my way out of town.

-
I admit. That was much more dramatic than anticipated. I got on a bus and made my way west. I wanted to see the beach. It was something I missed, it was my home. This is what kept me sane. And in some way or another, the ocean always made its way back into my life.

So there I stood, feet in the sand. The sounds of waves made me smile. This is what was missing.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" I turn to my left, it was a tall man, he had long hair, and a very expensive outfit on. "Aren't you the pretty lady from Idaho?" And it all clicked. He was the jerk who hit me with his car door, and pushed me out, and didn't pay me correctly.

The wind blew my hair over my eyes, making it hard to see his face. But I knew it was him.

"Yeah. You fucked me up, you remember that?"

"I'm sorry about that. You know how it is? I needed a five minute fun time before I went on my flight." I nod and look back at the water. We stood there in silence for a few minutes. "So, I was actually looking for you a couple weeks ago."

"Yeah?"

"I realized how nice your mouth was..." he shrugs, sounding embarrassed. "And I was wondering if you'd work at my strip joint?"

"Sir, you do realize that stripping and prostituting are two different jobs?"

"Yes ma'am, I do. But there's a section for professionals like you." He grins.

"What's the pay?"

"Depends on the customers needs. But you start off at $500."

I laugh in disbelief. "What are you? Some millionaire?"

The tall man chuckles and hands me a card, "I'm something like that. Please consider this position, you're very good at what you do dear." He bids me a goodbye, like any rich gentleman would, and walks away.

Scott. Mike. Idaho. Scott. Mike. Idaho. Bob. Scott. Mike. Mike. Mike.

These words played over and over for a few seconds in my head. Was I going to go back to Idaho? Was this good enough for me to say yes to? I mean, that's an obvious answer.

Can I really just leave Bob like that? I could get killed, can't I?

"Sir-" I turn around, and look at him. He slowly turns around and grins, raising an eyebrow, silently asking me to continue speaking.

"I- uhm." I look down at my suitcase, then at the sand, and then at the water. Do it. "Sir, when can I start?" I sigh.

-

Vote and comment please
All the love
Ash
1019
031119