16• Chocolates

I had been surfing through the channels of the television since the past half an hour and nothing seemed to catch my attention.

My day was so boring. Sleeping and eating, that's the only thing I did. Even monster wasn't around to entertain me. He had business to handle. Sigh!

I looked at the clock and I realized there was still an hour left for everyone to arrive. Huff! This waiting thing is too annoying.

Should I make something to eat for everyone?

"I should do that." I jumped out of the bed and made my way to the kitchen.

If Manik had been here, he would have scolded me for getting out of the bed. According to him I had to take at least a week bed rest. Like seriously a week. He has become too overprotective these days.

But it isn't like I don't like his attention.

After looking around the kitchen for almost two minutes, I decided to make French fries, sausages and sandwiches.

Finishing up with the cooking, I walked around the apartment for about fifteen minutes and still no one had arrived.

"Enough is enough." I stomped my foot in irritation and right then the doorbell rang. Finally!

I almost ran towards the door and opened it, only to see a tired Manik Malhotra standing on the door.

"It was one hell of a tiring day." Manik complained as he entered inside. He threw himself on sofa and closed his eyes. He surely looked tired.

"Manik first go and change. "

"Later." He said. He must really be tired but he should at least take off his tie.

I walked towards him and kneeled down on the floor. I lifted my hands to take off his tie but I again withdrew back my hand.

What was I about to do? I must have gone crazy.

But it isn't like I am going to commit a crime. I slowly reached for his tie and loosened it up a bit. That was when he opened his eyes.

"Hey don't get the wrong idea. I was just going to take off your tie. You know right it's uncomfortable with the tie." I blabbered, immediately taking my hands off him.

"Did I say anything?"

"Just in case you got the wrong idea." I said, totally flustered. Why did I even have to blabber all that?

"What sort of wrong ideas?" He sat upright and looked at me.

"Uhh umm uhh you know aahhh-" I didn't know what to say. I surely knew he was playing dumb to pull my leg.

"Yea tell me what sort of WRONG ideas?" He said, pressurizing the word "wrong" more than required. It so irritating.

"Perverted monster." I shouted in irritation as I got up and made my way to the kitchen. I could hear him chuckle. Huff! I made a fool out of myself. Why did I even think of loosening his tie?

I heard the doorbell ring. Thinking that Manik would open the door, I made myself busy in serving the dishes on the plate.

The doorbell rang yet again and this time the ringing continued. I ran to open the door. "This monster can't even do this much."

I opened the door only to see Cabir and Navya bickering over don't know what stupid topic.

"I told you not to eat them." Cabir said, shaking Navya a bit.

Navya pushed Cabir a bit. "Stop shaking me. And come on it isn't a big deal. You too have eaten my chocolates so many times."

"Those chocolates weren't imported but these are." Are they having this heated of discussion on chocolate? They are still kids, to be precise, idiotic kids.

"Come on you have so many of them in your pocket. I only ate two." Navya stomped her foot in irritation. "You are so mean, rude, cruel, stingy and greedy."

"You ate it, so you are all of them. Copy, paste and enter." Cabir smacked Navya's forehead as if acting to paste all her words. Navya too hit him on his forehead.

Cabir dramatically leaned on the wall, letting out a fake cry. Navya rolled her eyes before pushing me a bit and walking away.

Wah I have never been greeted like this. Cabir surely brings out the worst and best of Navya.

"Hey Cabir." I at least greeted him but he seemed to be too much busy crying without dropping even a single drop of tear. These two stubborn idiots.

"Cabir why are you busy shedding crocodile tears?" I heard Mukti.

"Navya ate my chocolates." Cabir whined like a child and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Which chocolates?" Mukti asked.

Cabir took out one chocolate from his pocket to show her but Mukti snatched the chocolate from his hand and ate it. Poor Cabir. I chuckled.

"Not a big deal bro. See I too did it." Mukti let out a laugh.

"Hey Nandini. Let's go in. He will join us if he wants." Mukti side hugged me and took me in. "By the way thanks for the chocolate."

Later,

"Oh come on guys you are getting a chance to eat my precious chocolate." Cabir cheered.

"Come on guys it's just a dare." Navya added. This two idiots, they were fighting an hour ago and now they are teaming up against me.

We were apparently playing truth and dare. And Manik chose 'dare'. Is he a fool? Does he think he will only be the victim of the dare?

As expected he was given a dare to eat chocolate in the most romantic way with me that too without using hands. Huff! I am going to get mad.

"It's not my dare. I am not doing it." I contradicted but they were adamant to make me do it.

Sigh! I had no other option but to give in.

Manik stood up and placed the chocolate bar in his mouth and with much hesitation I took a step towards him. I bit the other end of the chocolate and we ate each bite of the chocolate turn wise turn.

Our eyes locked and my mouths moved on it's own. At one point I felt weak in my knees and my knees wobbled.

Right then I felt Manik's hand gripped my waist. This proximity was driving me crazy and my stupid heart was just adding fuel on fire. His hot breath fanned against mine as the distance between our lips reduced.

One last bite of chocolate was left and I hesitated to eat it. I looked at him for a while before he himself took the initiative. Our lips touched for mere seconds and only in a mere second I could feel thousand of spark evoking within me.

I shook my head and composed myself as I took my seat. Manik spun the bottle and this time it landed on Cabir and it was my turn to ask him.

"Truth or dare?" I asked.

"Always dare." Cabir said. I looked at Navya and smirked. It's revenge time idiots.