Epilogue

If you are looking for yet another love after marriage story then check out my new story "We are Married". A version of Married to you but in a different circumstance. I hope you guys would check this out ❤

A week later

"Nandini." A very familiar voice hit my ears making me smile. I turned, only to see Manik waving at me from the other side of the road. I too waved back at him.

After finishing my shift in the hospital, he had asked me to come to main road and I did as he said.

He looked at me as he waited for the lights to turn green. When it did, he ran towards me. I laughed shaking my head a bit, looking at the way he ran towards me.

"Did you wait for long?" Manik asked as he breathed out.

"Yea you made me wait for so so so so so long." I deliberately repeated the word 'so' so many times and he smiled apologetically.

"I doubt that though." He said as he slipped his hand on mine and intertwined our fingers

"You don't trust me." I pouted and he pulled my cheek.

"I trust you. Now is it okay?"

I waggled my head in 'yes', smiling at him like a total idiot. "By the way where are we going?" I asked as we walked hand in hand.

The wind blew past me, messing up my hair and I frowned as I tugged my hair behind my ears. The only beautiful thing was his presence beside me and the shining stars in the sky.

"We are going somewhere." Manik said, dangling our intertwined hands in the air.
"And where is that somewhere?"

"That somewhere is in planet earth." He smiled cheekily and at that moment I was confused. Should I laugh or should I be irritated?

"Idiot." I said with a poker face and he winked at me.

He always had been a tease but then I liked him that way. Just five minutes later, we stopped near a building. "We are here. Let's go inside." He said.

I had completely no idea what was going on his mind. We entered the elevator of the building and he pressed the fourteenth floor, the topmost floor of the building. What were we going to do there?

Right then he out of the blue pushed me against the elevator wall, locking both my arms at my back. I looked at him, startled by his action.

"Do you remember our first kiss?" He gently stroked my cheek with his one hand as he pressed his body against mine and my heart beat doubled.

I nodded my head in 'yes'. How could I forget? We kissed for the first time in his office's elevator. Right then he pressed his lips on mine and pulled away in less than a second.

Although it was just a peck but it felt heavenly. He pulled away from me when the elevator dinged. He then held my hand again and we got out of the elevator.

As soon as I got out of the elevator, 'I was surprised' would be an understatement. The rooftop was beautifully and elegantly decorated with lights and even dream catchers. There was a small round table in the middle with champagne and food already served. And to add up the beauty the stars shone brightly in the night.

I walked a few steps ahead from him, intently looking at the decorations and that was when I felt something being placed around my neck. I looked down only to see a silver necklace studded with small stars. I craned my neck to look at him and he smiled at me. "Do you like it?" He asked softly as his hands crawled around my waist.

"I love it." I said as I touched the necklace. He dropped a soft kiss on top of my hair and I felt it. I leaned more into his touch with a constant smile lingering on my lips.

"Let's eat. The food's getting cold." He said and I nodded my head. We walked till the table and like a gentleman he pulled the chair for me to sit.

"You should have told me about this date. You know I would have dolled myself up."

"You don't need to get dolled up. You already look so beautiful and you know you already have my heart." He said as he poured the champagne in the glass.

"I own your heart but you still haven't confessed to me in words." I complained as we clicked our glass.

He took a sip of his drink."I don't think that's necessary." He smiled and I pouted.

"It's necessary. I want to hear it." I said, frowning and he laughed shaking his head lightly.

Much to my surprise he then got up from his chair and forwarded me his hand. I placed my hand on his and got up. But then he got down on his knees and I was left speechless.

He swiftly took out a red rose from his pocket and forwarded it to me. "Nandini I know I made you wait for long. But I wanted to make my confession special." He spoke out slowly. "Nandini I love you." Those words which I had been dying to hear, he finally said it out aloud.

"I love you Nandini." He said it yet again and I couldn't help it. I bent down to his level and hugged him tightly.

"I love you too." I was more than happy to get him in my life. Before him I thought that everything in this world, even love, had an expiry date. But then I met him, the love of my life, Manik Malhotra.

For me he was just like those many of so called sanskari morons who had come to see me and I was adamant to make him reject me. But then I was proved wrong. He was beyond my imagination. He was rude, annoying and moreover a perfect example of a monster and yet I ended up making a deal with him; a deal of a lifetime.

"We will marry each other and will be living under a same roof but we won't practically be husband and wife. Neither will I control you nor will you control me."

I still remember his words clearly in my head. At that time I was naive enough to give in and in the starting days of our marriage, I did resent my decision a lot. But then when I think about it now, I actually envy what I did then. If it hadn't been for that one deal, I wouldn't have got to know him better.

He picked fights with me and annoyed me to such an extent that I even punched him. At times when I felt low, he made me smile and at times when I felt high, he did everything and anything to annoy me. But he surely did bring the best and worst out of me.

I saw every shade of him and I tell you I fell in love with his each and every shade without even a bit of realization. Falling in love with him was never in my plan but then one day I realized I had landed up in a deep unplanned mess. But truth to be told I love this mess.

After Maddy, I couldn't move on. It was as like my book of love was stuck on the same old chapter but then he came. He turned the pages of that part of my life which I had buried deep down in my heart.

Every time when he complimented me, it made my heart warm up. Only looking at him made me feel breathless and his only one touch evoked thousands of sparks within me. His smile made my heart skip and his embrace made me forget all my worries.

Our love was a love like that.

"I am married to you Manik Malhotra and I promise to be there by your side and love you with all my heart."

****

Thank you to all the readers of Married to you. I can never get enough of you all and I love you guys. And do check out my new story "We are Married"

I enjoyed writing every bit of this story and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it too. I will miss this story and I hope you will miss it too.

Thank you for loving monster and his little time bomb ❤