22• Closer

"Improvise this advertising strategy." I was hell angry. All our sales were drastically going down and the employees were taking it lightly. "I need the improvised version of this by tomorrow."

"But-"

"Is that clear?" I said in a strict tone.

"Yes sir." He said as he took the file and left the cabin. I checked my phone, only to smile seeing her smiling face in my lock screen.

Right then my phone buzzed and it was from her. "Manik." I heard her enthusiastic voice. Unlike yesterday she didn't sound down and that made me feel happy.

"Yes wifeyy." I said, reclining in the chair.

"Where are you right now?"

"I am in my cabin."

"It's lunch time. You aren't busy, are you?" Although I had a lot of files to go through but she sounded so hopeful and how could I ever turn her down.

"I am always available for you. So where shall I come to pick you?"

I heard her giggle and that made me smile wider, in between all the office stress. "Nowhere because I'm right in front of your office building."

"Really? Just wait there for a minute. I am coming." I immediately got up from my seat.

"No no." And I knew she had been shaking her head to and fro, ever so cutely. I wish I could see that. "You stay in your cabin. I am already heading upstairs from the elevator."

"Okay." I said. She hung up and I couldn't help but smile wider. She is cute.

I looked at my reflection in the phone camera and I looked fine. I adjusted my hair a bit and smiled.

Then I called Jeff. "Jeff reschedule today's meeting and tell the public relation department that I give them two more days to improvise the advertising strategy."

"Okay sir." She said and I hung up. I was suddenly in a good mood.

Five minutes later, Nandini entered my cabin with her cheerful smile. "What brings you here?" I asked, enthusiastically and I knew I had been smiling like a fool.

"You." She smiled. Gosh my heart.

Today she looked different than usual. She had worn a butterfly print sleeveless knee length skirt, which gave me a view of her milky legs.

She looked angelic.

"The interior is quite good." She praised, looking around. "Woahhh a dream catcher." Nandini almost ran to the side of the table where the dream catcher had been hanging.

Her eyes had a different shine when she saw it and that moment I knew she had a thing for dream catchers. And that was when it struck my mind her room (before marriage) had different types of dream catchers.

"Do you like it?"

"I love them Manik. You know when I was small. I was so afraid of sleeping alone because of my bad dreams. But then one day mum bought me a dream catcher and said that this will protect me from having bad dreams. It actually gave me hope and it worked too. Since then I love them."

She sounded so happy when she talked about it and that made me smile. "You can take it if you like it."

Nandini looked at me and smiled. "Really? Can I?"

I nodded my head in yes and she happily took it. "I promise to take care of it."

"I know you will." I said. "And any specific plans for lunch?"

"Yup. I wanna have your company's food."

"But-" I was cut in between.

"I want to see how much hygienic food they provide and after all you too have had my hospital's food." She said and that just made me smile wider.

"Okay then let's go to the cafeteria."

She smiled and holding my hand, we got out of my cabin. I could hear hushed whispers of the employees but who cares?

We got into the elevator and it had just begun to descend when it stopped abruptly.

"Damn this elevator." I scowled. A power cut! Not again.

"What?" Nandini stomped her feet and I just looked at her. Pressing the buttons of elevator, I could hear her mumble few curses under her breath.

I held her hand and pulled it away. "It won't work."

"Then does this mean we are stuck?" She said with a pout. Cute.

"We are working on the elevator. Sorry for the inconvenience."

"We sure are." I smiled, apologetically.

Nandini huffed and glared at me.

"What?" I said."Don't look at me like that."

"Your office has the worst elevator." She complained.

"Not my fault." I shrugged as I leaned on the wall. Nandini began walking to and fro in the elevator. Sigh! She can't stay in a place for a second.

"Stop pacing to and fro." I said but she didn't even listen to me. I was so irked that I pushed her against the elevator wall, locking both her arms at her back, unknowingly pressing my body against her.

She let out a gasp and I couldn't stop myself from looking into her eyes and she too did the same.

The distance between us was slowly reducing to inches. Suddenly the elevator started with a jerk and we went off guard.

My lips met hers and sparks erupted within me. Nandini was completely pressed against me and my lips were on hers while her eyes widen and so did mine. The elevator again stopped with a jerk and I immediately pulled away.

My heart thumped harder and it longed for more. The already hot atmosphere felt even more hot. Gosh gosh gosh we kissed.

"Sorry for the inconvenience. The elevator would start in five more minutes." Came the voiceover. I just glanced at Nandini who was still in my arms. Her cheeks had the red hue and that made me smile.
She squeezed her eyes shut unknowingly biting her lower lips. At days like this I really wanted to hold back but now it just felt so impossible.

I gently pressed my body even more closer to her, making her eyes open and the moment our eyes met, I couldn't take my eyes off her. And I knew that was the moment.

Gently lifting her chin with my right hand, I smashed my lips against hers. Surprisingly she responded back immediately, making my lips curve into a small smile in between the kiss.

The kiss was small and gentle at first. But then it grew more intense and passionate. The caress of her lips seemed much softer than I had even imagined.

Locking her hands around my neck, she pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. She needed me as much as I needed her and that made me smile yet again.

We pulled over panting heavily.

"You taste amazing." I breathed out as I rested my forehead gently against hers.

"So do you." She breathed out, the red hue not leaving her cheeks.

That moment I knew I wasn't falling in love with her. I was already in love with her.

Feedbacks please ❤ please.

And thanks for all the love.