26• Jealous

The day I laid my eyes on her, she was mine and only mine. ~ Manik

Your existence changes my world like magic. ~Nandini

Guys please do check out my new werewolf story "Only mine"

****

The next morning,

The rays of sun peeking through the window broke my deep slumber. And it took me a few seconds to adjust my eyes to the sunlight.

Yawning, I woke up and checked my phone. But I was surprised there wasn't even a single message from Nandini.

It had been like a habit now to see her messages as soon as I got up. By any chance was she angry?

I know she felt terrible when I stepped back after that steamy kiss. But I wanted to do it the right way. I wanted to confess my love to her first. Sigh! I had almost lost it yesterday.

I checked the other rooms and all rooms were empty. "She isn't here."

I checked my phone yet again but there wasn't any messages from her.

I called her but she wasn't picking up. Huff was she really so angry with me?

"I am sorry :( " I texted her.

Then I entered the kitchen as always there was a sticky note on the refrigerator. This made me smile. She cares.

"The breakfast is on the table. I don't care if you heat it before eating or not. I actually even don't care if you eat it or not because I hate you so much."

"But I love you so much." I said, looking at her note.

She sure knows how to be cute even when she is angry. Finishing my breakfast I left for my office.

"I am really really really really sorry wifey." I texted her as I entered the office. The staffs greeted me formally but my eyes were stick to my phone screen.

One minute passed by and she still hadn't seen my message. Jeff's voice broke my trance.

"Sir you have to attend three back to back meetings and-" I cut Jeff in between. "Jeff reschedule all this meetings. I have to go somewhere."

"But sir we have already rescheduled this meetings two times. If this continues the clients may not want to deal with us." She said and she did have a point.

The day since I married you, my strict mundane schedule has been a total mess. But until and unless it's for you I don't mind.

"Just delay it by an hour." I said, looking at her.

"Sir I don't think that's possible. The client which you are meeting up with has already arrived."

Huff I want to see her and this crappy meetings and schedule is coming in my way.

"Okay send the clients in." I said, defeated.

"Are you angry?" I again texted. Minutes passed by and yet she hadn't seen any of my text. Control Manik. She must be busy.

Hours later

All my meetings wrapped up on a good note but all this took almost my whole day. Sigh I have to improvise this presentation till tomorrow. So I have no choice but to do it.