Death III - Mother

Hitsugaya Toshiro stares at the ceiling, his will to do anything lost with the death of his fukutaicho and Hinamori. He blamed himself, for messing up like he did. He seemed to always hurt the ones he cared about.

He felt Ichimaru gin step into the room. "What do you want?"

"I'd like to talk to you," came the man's reply.

"Only if you'll tell me why you hurt Matsumoto the way you did." His two teal eyes remained locked on the ceiling, not exactly in truth staring.

"Fair enough. I thought it was the best way to protect you. I still think that."

"Excuse me?" Toshiro turned his head to glare at the man. "Why am I part of this?"

"Because your Ran and my child, Toshiro. Let's just say, if Aizen had been able to get his hands on you, particularly as a baby, all our lives would be a lot different."

"Oh, hah… hah… not funny." Toshiro crossed his arms irritably across his chest.

"Ask your granny… or that dragon of yours for that matter," the man stated.

"So then… why tell me this now?" the boy grumbled.

"Because now, rather than later, is the best time to tell you, I'm sorry you never will get the chance to have a mother and son relationship with Ran."

"Your blind. We did have one," the boy was still in a bad mood.

"Really? I know you're a touchy feely person, yet you pulled away from her. It was such a scarce relationship, where as it wouldn't have been, if you had both known."

"What about you and me?" Toshiro's eyes had returned to the ceiling.

"You mean about you and me having a father, son relationship?" Gin grimaced.

"What else would I be talking about, Ichimaru?" the boy's attitude was rather cold, making his father know he was on the defensive.

"For now, I'll remain in the background, Shiro-chan, and come out when you need me," the man opened his eyes, revealing a pale teal. "I'm not exactly the best father figure, don't you think?"

"So says the person who said just a little while ago, you separated Ran and me, because it was for my own good. If you want to do oka-san honor, this time around, you won't play hide and seek. You'll play tag, keeping in my sight, and be what I want to be better then."

"From the mouth of a babe, the most common sense things come," Gin sighed. "I can't make any promises, Shiro-chan."

"I know. The point, I think… is to try," the small boy stated, rather calmly, yet still distant at the same time. Things were still sinking into that small world of his,