dallas winston

summary: you and dal get pulled over

[BASED ON A SCENE FROM THE HATE U GIVE]

"Just listen to me! If you keep being this reckless you'll get yourself killed!" I argued. Dallas scoffed.

"I know what I'm doing, alright? If you don't get caught and you watch out for yourself, what's so bad about being reckless every once in a while, huh?" He snapped. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you listening to yourself? You get caught all the time! Do you know how many times you've had to be bailed out of jail because you got caught?" I pointed out. He sighed.

"Okay, you're right." He muttered, resting his hand on my thigh. I gnawed on my lip.

"I'm sorry for bothering you about it. I just get worried, ya know? Who else would I have to bother if something happened to you, huh?" I teased, trying to lighten the mood. He chuckled and continued focusing on the road, symbolizing that he wasn't mad. I smiled to myself.

We were having small talk and listening to the radio when all of the sudden I heard sirens behind us. I turned to see a cop following us and Dallas and I simultaneously groaned.

"I bet I could lose em." Dallas looked over at me and smirked. I glared at him.

"You better pull over."

Dallas gave in and pulled over onto the side of the road. It wasn't anything new for us to be pulled over. We were greasers after all and cops didn't trust us. No matter if you were a good person or not, if you were a greaser you were at constant risk of the cops coming after you.

I sprang into action and put my hands on the dashboard like my father taught me. If you made it clear that you had no weapons, there was no chance that they would believe you had a weapon to use against them.

"Put your hands on the dashboard." I whispered urgently. Dallas rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on, that's a bit dramatic." He joked. I gave him a desperate look.

"Please, Dally-"

"Fine, fine. I'll put my hands on the stupid dashboard." He grumbled, leaning over and placing his hands on the dash near mine.

The police officer walked over and knocked on the window. Dallas moved one hand to roll down the window and the cop leaned down, observing us.

"License and registration." He stated. Dallas laughed in disbelief.

"You're kidding, right? I didn't do anything."