johnny cade

summary: johnny blames himself for his dad abusing him

[BASED ON SCENE FROM GOOD WILL HUNTING]

"Johnny, are you okay?" I shot up from my bed which I had just been sitting on, reading a book. Johnny had come in through my window like he did plenty of nights whenever things got too crazy at home.

Johnny was in just a muscle shorts and jeans. He must've been cold since it was night time and he was only wearing a short sleeved shirt.

"I don't wanna talk about it. I just need a place to sleep." He muttered, opening my closet and reaching for the pillows and blankets I kept up top. His arms were covered in bruises and he had a bad black eye.

"I just want to help. Are you sure you don't wanna talk?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. Can you just stay out of my business?" He snapped. My body tensed up.

"Hey, it's just me. I didn't mean to upset you, I just wanted to make sure everything was okay?"

"Look me in the face." He said and I looked up at him. He looked angry. Bitter towards the world.

"Look at me, and say everything's okay. Because it's not."

"Johnny, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that stupid question. I just hope one day you'll be comfortable to tell me what's going on, maybe tell me the truth."

He scoffed. "The truth? You can't handle the truth!"

"I can handle it, I just wanna be there for you!" My hands were shaking.

"What, so you wanna know that my family doesn't give a shit about me? That every day they beat me? That every fucking day of my life I consider ending it all because nobody loves me or shows me any affection?! Huh?! Is that the truth you fucking wanted?" He yelled, towering over me. I stood up, trying to reach out in a comforting manner.

"Johnny-"

"No, get away from me!" He flinched and moved away before my hand could softly touch his shoulder. I backed away, feeling hurt. He was so broken. His parents had hurt him so bad and made him have such bad trust issues to the point where he thought I was gonna hurt him too.

"I'm sorry that they did this to you." I muttered, sitting back down on my bed in defeat. Johnny was leaning against the wall, not looking at me.

"It's my fault anyway. Guess I'm just not lovable."

"It's not your fault."

He looked up at me, staying silent.

"It's not your fault." I slowly stood up and he seemed confused.

"Okay, fine. It's not my fault."

"No Johnny, listen. It's not your fault."

"I know."

"No, you don't. It's not your fault."

"I know." He avoided eye contact. It was obvious that he was lying.

"Look at me, Johnny. It's not your fault."

He shoved me harshly but I ignored it, my eyes still staring into his.

"D-don't fuck with me Y/n, not you." His eyes were glassy as he stared at me, his body shaking. He was just a scared kid and it broke my heart.

"It's not your fault." I mumbled.

Johnny looked into my eyes and his hands flew up to his face, sobs racking through his body.

"It's not your fault." The whisper passed my lips and Johnny pulled me into him, sobbing loudly into my shoulder. It was easy to tell by the way he held me and the way he desperately cried into my shoulder that this was emotions he had built up for years.

He moved his face away from my shoulder and our lips collided harshly. He tangled his fingers in my hair and I melted into the kiss, still shocked. The kiss was full of passion and it wasn't some delicate kiss. It was pent up emotions from over the years.

He parted from me for a second.

"Thank you." He breathed, his lips connecting with mine again. This time the kiss was softer.

We moved away from each other and I smiled at him.

"It's late. Do you wanna go to bed?" I asked softly. Johnny smiled back at me, seeming content. It was rare to see a real smile cross his face nowadays.

I collapsed onto the bed and he laid down next to me. His fingers interlocked with mine as we laid side by side.

He turned and wrapped his arm around my middle, hugging me closer to him as he shut his eyes. I softly ran my fingers through his hair and he relaxed.

"Goodnight, Johnny..." I kissed his head and he held me tighter.

"Goodnight, Y/n."

He soon fell asleep as I continued to softly run my fingers through his hair, and he kept his grip on me as if he didn't want me to leave. It was clear that he just wanted someone to hold him and care for him. He just wanted someone to be affectionate and not leave him.

I didn't plan on leaving Johnny any time soon.