ponyboy curtis

summary: ponyboy is anxious after something bad happens, so he calls you to calm down

[THERE ARE VERY SENSITIVE SUBJECTS IN THIS. I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY OF THIS OR TAKE THESE SUBJECTS LIGHTLY.]

The bell rang as Ponyboy entered the small convenience store. He had just finished up track practice and he was still wearing his track clothes, his hair messy and slightly damp from sweat since he had been active for the past hour.

The store was almost empty. There was one other girl, maybe in her early twenties standing behind the counter and a woman who was most likely in her thirties in the candy aisle, but that was it.

Ponyboy made his way to the back towards the drinks. He had finished his water bottle far before track had ended, so he desperately craved anything that was ice cold and would hydrate him.

He reached for a Coca Cola and heard the bell ring. His eyes glanced over momentarily at the man who entered. He was wearing a hood and all black. He was maybe in his thirties, but it was hard to tell due to the hood.

As he was going to head up to the counter the man's voice cut him off.

"Everybody down on the ground now!" He roared, whipping a gun out of his pocket.

On instinct, Ponyboy dove into an aisle so the man's eyes wouldn't land on him. The girls screamed, obviously startled by the sudden change in the man's presence.

Ponyboy crawled so he could see the man, his heart pounding. What should he do?

"You're insane!" The woman who was previously in the candy aisle yelled. She made a run for the door, but a loud gunshot rang out and Ponyboy heard a thud. He was hyperventilating by now, quickly moving out of sight. The man still had no idea that there was another person left in the store besides the girl behind the counter.

Ponyboy slowly stood up, his eyes never leaving the man who was faced towards the counter, gun aimed at the girl who was sobbing.

"P-please don't shoot. J-just take the money and go." Her voice wavered, opening the cash register. She hastily gathered all of the bills in the register, putting them on the counter. The man shoved the money into his pocket.

"I would leave, but there's still a witness in the room." He said. Ponyboy tensed up. Had he been noticed?

Ponyboy soon realized that he was referring to the girl behind the counter. She had seen what he did, and now she had to pay the price.

The man pressed the gun against her head and she sobbed violently.

"Please don't!" She screamed.