6. 5 | T O D A Y

6 . 5| T O D A Y

leila

" L e i l a , " Hope manages to shorten my name into one syllable, "get your ass over here

" L e i l a , " Hope manages to shorten my name into one syllable, "get your ass over here."

I raise a brow, watching my new neighbor swish her beer around in the air trying to get my attention. Jacary sits at her side, poking a stick at the fire pit. That same lopsided grin dripping down his face as Hope motions for me to join them.

To say I'm nervous is an understatement of epic proportions. I started my day thinking Jacary was this cute, charming, attractive man.

I'm ending my day knowing he's a 19 year old boy who only looks like a man.

And I'd put money on the fact that Hope is calling me over to mock me for my mistake.

It's been a day, that's for damn sure.

But, at least my home is nearly finished. The floors and walls are nearly dry, and my new furniture will be here shortly. I couldn't have done all of this without the group.

"Girl, what's taking so long?" Hope's spun around facing me. Her back is arched awkwardly, and her face scrunched up. "Stop your worrying, it'll get here when it gets here."

I reluctantly oblige, cautiously peeling myself away from the front porch to get to her.

"Where'd your girlfriend run off to?" She asks keeping a tight eye on me as I kick up my feet onto the fire pit and flop into the recliner next to her.

"Who, Evan?" That's the second time today someone's called her my girlfriend. We must be sending off some serious vibes. "She's taking the guys to get my mattress."

"Must've missed that." She hums taking a long swig of her drink. Jacary snorts and sets the stick aside.

"They left right after you downed your third margarita." He teases. "I don't blame you for letting it slip your mind. Must be hard keeping anything straight with that much booze in your brain."

"Hush your mouth, fool!" Hope let's her palm go flying across Jacary's beefed up arm. He doesn't even flinch. "No respect for your elders. Damn. Cut me some slack. You don't work for horny little shits." I ice over. Hopes dark eyes suddenly lock onto me. She grins. "Speaking of which... Tell me again about how you wanted to bang my brother in the middle of Home Depot."

"Oh my God!" No amount of hair in the world can cover my shame, but I'm desperately trying. Twisting long strands over my shoulder as the two siblings snicker at me. "He's a baby!" I plead. "I would never-"

Christ! I should've left with Evan, but she wouldn't allow it. Casey called out of work to smooth things out with her new fiance.

That, and Evan was still crazy protective over me. The thought of me spending any amount of alone time with three guys sent her into rage mode.