1 6 | E M O M A K E O V E R

1 6 | E M O   M A K E O V E R

leila

*can't quite get her eyes right 👀*

"Where's Casey?" I never expected to hear me say those words aloud as I open the front door to let my bestie in.

Evan side steps me, her face clouds with a mix of anger and frustration as she plops her supplies on the table and turns back to look at me. "Apparently," she starts, "she'd made plans for us and didn't tell me!"

So, like a surprise date? "Didn't you tell her about tonight?"

"I absolutely did!" She shrieks. "I told her it'd be fun to go out with my friends for once, since all we do is hang out at her work with her dead-beat coworkers!"

"Did you use those words?"

She glares and crosses her arms over her chest. "What do you think?"

I think she got caught up in the heat of the moment and freaked out, but I'm smart enough to not say that.

Evan starts digging through her bags for her makeup, muttering under her breath about how pissed off she is with her fiance. It seems like all they do now is argue, and Evan tries her best to appease Casey, but sometimes Casey can be a little-

"Unreasonable!" Evan finishes my thoughts. "Is it an unreasonable request to have her come out tonight? No! We talked about this weeks ago and she never even hinted at having other plans! It's bullshit!"

It kind of is. 

I walk around the table and drape my arms over her, trying my best to calm her down with my hug. I can feel her entire body relax as it collapses into mine.

We sit there for a minute, in silence, as she evens out her breathing.

I don't know if they'll make it. Evan and Casey. I know Evan feels like she needs to settle down soon, but she's still so young and beautiful. Anyone would be lucky to have her.

"Okay, let's stop this pity party and start having fun! You still have our old playlist, right?" She asks batting at the corner of her eyes.

"Okay, Google. Play 'How to be Emo' on Spotify." I call, still hugging her neck. Alexa blares out MakeDamnSure and we're immediately transported back to 2006.

"I just want to break you down so badly!" Evan jumps up, expanding her arms.

"I trip over everything you say!" I finish.

We both laugh and get busy dancing around, pulling on our outfits. 

I try to keep it simple, comfy, and just a little sexy. A thin little black dress, black floral fishnet tights, my white MCR chucks, and the pixies "where is my mind" jean jacket I made back in 10th grade with Evan. Since I don't even know what the squishy thing does in my makeup box, I let Evan paint my face on. I nervously watch as she pulls out a dark palet with a lot of reds and blacks. I feel contour my face, and watch as she takes out a bold red lip color to "give me a dramatic look".