MiriTama: Angst / Fluff

Disclaimer: i dont read the manga, i only follow the anime. So this may be cringey for manga readers, sry. 

!!ANOTHER DISCLAIMER!! SELF HARM IS MENTIONED SO YOU ARE WARNED

Tamaki was a nervous, shy, third year at U.A high. He was a member of the Big 3, along side Nejire and Mirio. Even though the three of them were close friends, Tamaki had a secret they didn't know.

He had severe depression and anxiety. Though this did sometimes show on the outside, what was going on in his head would drive a sane man crazy. His parents constantly put him down and whenever he's alone people bully him. But whenever Mirio is with him, he feels safe.

Recently though, Mirio has been away. He didn't tell anyone why he was skipping school, and Tamaki felt his heart chip away everytime he walked into class and his cheerful friend wasn't there. Soon enough, it was Friday and the shy boy hadn't seen Mirio for more than a week.

The last class was English, Tamaki's least favourite lesson. He mindlessly played with his scissors, until it cut deep in his palm. He dropped the scissors on the desk and quickly excused himself out of class. As Tamaki wandered down the hallway towards Recovery Girls office, he couldn't help but be confused.

Confused at the relief he felt when the blade went into his hand. His head was down as he walked, the amount of times he had walked these halls had made Tamaki aware of what turns to make and what stairs to climb without looking up.

He bumped into something solid and tall. Thinking it was Mirio, Tamaki looked up with hopeful eyes and a small smile. His rare smile dropped as he was met with an angry face of someone who regularly bullied Tamaki.

"Watch where you're going, freak." He threatened. The pointy eared boy took a step back, holding his hands up in apology.

The bully noticed his bleeding palm and smirked to himself. "Cuttin' yourself in class, eh? You should do more than just that, ugly. How about you throw yourself out a window, huh?" He activated his quirk, which is to grow blades out of his fingernails and break them off his hand.

He stabbed his nail through Tamaki's wound and broke it off, running and leaving the other boy screaming in pain. Recovery Girl heard his cries and came to his side quickly.

He sat in her office, looking down at his bandaged up hand. His lip quivered as he thought about all the misfortunes in his life. And how he wished Mirio was there with him.

Mirio always cheered him up, in his own strange way. When they were kids, he would always walk through a wall and do something funny to cheer him up. Or pretend to accidentally fall through the floor. Tamaki smiled as he remembered all the happy memories with him. How his smile alone was something to make Tamaki feel warm inside.

Then he remembered all the times Mirio hadn't been there with him. All the bullying from people he didn't know, his parents and siblings looking down on him. All the times he wanted to just leave. To not be there.

To not be alive.

"How about you throw yourself out a window." The words from the guy in the hall came into Tamaki's head. He seemed to be searching the floor for answers, until he lifted his eyes to the window.

"Freak." Tamaki winced at the memory of those words. "Ugly."

He stood up quickly, shaking like a leaf in a storm. He made his way to the window and looked out. He would certainly die if he jumped from this height. He took a step closer, peeking over the legde. Lip trembling, Tamaki took another deep breath in and closed his eyes.

But before he could move again, big, warm, familiar arms wrapped around him. They pulled him backwards and tripped over Recovery Girls small chair, making them fall to the ground. Tamaki instantly recognized who the muscular arms belonged to. He turned around in his arms, gripping onto his blue All Might shirt. He dug his face into his chest, breathing in his soothing scent and silently crying.

"What were doing by the window, that was dangerous." Mirio's voice was soft, but stern.

"I...I" Tamaki sniffled and sobbed, now crying so hard it was hard to talk. Mirio saw how distressed his friend was and hugged him tighter, no longer caring that they were lying on the floor.

The blonde didn't let go, even when Tamaki started explaining why he was by the window, why he had been so sad, everything. He told him everything he was feeling. Mirio propped them up and the bluenette prepared for the worst. But instead, Mirio tucked his fingers under Tamaki's ear, resting his palm on his warm cheek, but he didn't speak.

"I didn't say anything because I was nervous you would reject me. I'm actually still scared about that." Tamaki avoided Mirio's sympathetic gaze. "But being friends with you means so much to me, I didn't know it would effect me this much."

Mirio pressed his forehead and nose against the young man that was still sitting on his legs, making them go slightly numb. "I'm sorry I was away. Some heroes recruited me because the league of villains were being chaotic. I only just got here so that's why I'm not in uniform. Someone told me you were here, so I came." His voice was still soft, but more smooth and gentle. "But don't worry, I'll never let go of you again."

Tamaki curled his arms around Mirio's neck, one of his hand going into his wiry hair. They hugged for what seemed like hours as Tamaki cried happy and sad tears that turned to sniffles that turned to deep, shaky breaths. Mirio leaned back and saw Tamaki's eyes closed and his face at a state of peace.

After giving up trying to pry his arms away from his neck, the young hero picked him up and carried him to their dorm. He walked into the common room and smiled at everyone like it was a normal day. His classmates either chuckled or had their mouth agape, while Nejire only smiled.

Mirio took Tamaki up to his dorm room, resting him gently on the soft bed sheets. He slept soundly and Mirio kissed his forehead before stepping over to the doorway. He took on last look over to Tamaki and grinned. Turning away into the corridor, he saw long, blue hair and big, curious eyes.

"You idiot." Nejire huffed as she placed her hands on her hips like a disapproving mother. "Go nap with him, you big softie!"

Mirio chuckled and sarcastically saluted. "Yes ma'am."

Nejire closed the door behind him and giggled. "Those doofs."

~bonus~

It's been a month since Tamaki and Mirio started dating. Tamaki didn't get sad anymore and little by little, his anxiety was getting better. He still got nervous talking to everyone, but Mirio said it was baby steps. Though, really, Mirio saw when his boyfriend got nervous or anxious and dropped everything to make sure he was alright.

Even if that meant covering him in kisses, which seemed to make him feel better. They walked together everywhere, holding hands as Mirio would often talk about his day or something he was looking forward to. Tamaki watched as his ray of sunshine brightened and warmed his life.

a/n
It's been awhile, huh? Sorry we've been away, (I say that but it was mostly me) sorry this is kinda cringey, sad and short but I will probably do more regular updates now! Also, Requests are now currently open!

All I need is a ship, a category (fluff, angst, smut etc) and a specific idea if you have one! I will also do my own ships if requests don't come in quickly!