{{1}}

10 Years later

"Who do you think you are? You're nothing but a cheap imitation of something you want to be." the red haired boy snickered menacingly. The long heavy metal bat's tip was dragged on the floor as he walks, creating a horrible noise.

He grew up to be a tall and gorgeous man, something that he wants his family to see but never will. His dark eyes pierced with the boy's in front of him.

And as he continued his threat, it only made the boy grow in rage. "You know you can disappear from my life and I wouldn't give a single fuck."

A growl.

"You're not good enough and you never will be. Well, at least in my opinion, you were a good person. But certainly you're not the best. You know why? Because nobody likes you! No one in this damned world will ever like you. You're nothing more than a waste of space! You—"

Jungkook found himself pinned on the floor with a dagger about to tear his neck. The same dagger with sapphires crested into it to resemble a half Moon in it's black handle. The same dagger that he gave as a gift for the boy with pink hair when he turned fifteen.

Jimin was on top of him with his eyes glaring hard at Jungkook. The same eyes that melts his heart everytime they look at them. His two drops of coffee.

Except now it doesn't look too cute. It felt like they were going to become little balls of fire any minute and he can feel the anger radiating from the younger boy. Jungkook knows how to trigger him, so they used him.

But jungkook suddenly stood up, carrying Jimin with him. The height difference was not subtle, much more to Jungkook's liking.

It was his turn now to pin Jimin on the wall which didn't took the younger by surprise at all. One of the things he admired about Jungkook was his strength.

Jimin let out ragged breaths. Jungkook's left arm was pinning his neck to hold him in place while his other hand searched his back pockets for his deadly knife. Jimin's feet did not touch the ground at all and he was about to lose his consciousness. The lack of air in his lungs was making his mind fuzzy and his vision starts to blur.

"Y-you think I'm scared of you, Jeon?" he croaked, a cough escaping from his luscious lips that Jungkook would love to steal a kiss. "In case you forgot, I'm not scared of anything because I'm willing to die anytime. And you? You'll be stuck up in this rat hole. You think the leaders can save us? Can save you? You're just an experimental subject."

"Really? Of course you're not scared of death, Park. People are scared of you." he smirked, earning an eye roll from the other. "But I know just the thing that makes your skin crawl and your insides turn."

"And what might that be, hmm?"

"Me."

The flames instantly faded from Jimin's eyes and he wanted to laugh but the sound only resembled a scratchy noise due to the older's hold on his neck.

"You little narcissistic bitch."

Jungkook pulled his knife away from Jimin's stomach and looked at him with a scandalized face. He put Jimin on the ground with a soft kiss on the crown of his head.

"Chim, it was just training. You took it too far. It's true you can't live without me. You're scared of me leaving you." Jungkook hugged him, arms securely around his small figure.

"Yeah, it was a good one. For a while I was really fuming about how you said you don't like me when we both know that you love me too much. Too much for your own good."

Jimin gave back the hug and snuggled his head on Jungkook's chest, inhaling his scent. He always smells like that.

Jimin thought that it was ridiculous how Jungkook can look very intimidating and dangerous when he wears his black leather jacket with his combat boots while smelling a lot like baby powder.

Yes, Jimin is two years younger and a lot of times jungkook is more mature than he is but he treats jungkook like a baby too.

Everyday before training, Jimin makes sure to put baby powder on jungkook's back or  when they eat meals together he makes sure that he has a balance diet on his plate and his soda is limited to Jimin's opinion.

When they sleep during nights and if it's too cold, he wouldn't sleep until jungkook's warm and comfortable. Because at the end of the day, it was his duty after all to protect Jungkook at all times. That was the main point of his existence.

But based on everything that he has done and will do in the future, it was not just protecting him from harm against the outside world. He was taking care of jungkook all this time and he'll still do it.

Because he's the only one he has left.

"You know, being Dr. Kim's favorite has it's own perks." Jungkook bragged. He pushed some buttons on the door and opened it with his handprint.

"Oh, don't start to brag again like what you did the last time. Spare me the drama."

They decided to eat lunch in the cafeteria with their friends just like they did after every training session. "But seriously, I'm really grateful for it."

"I know, Jeon. You'll be having the whole company and leading the whole group someday when Dr. Kim vanishes from here. In case he does."

Jungkook halted his steps. Jimin stopped to look why Jungkook stopped too and was greeted with a scowl.

"Im not talking of business, I'm talking about deeper stuffs that are actually handy. Like having the biggest chamber, being spoiled with clothes, and having the best meals."

"Brat."