{{5}}

It looks like they were inside an office. Jimin can make out the forms of office desks, chairs, computers. Some screens of the monitors were shattered and the pieces were on the ground.

Jungkook saw a picture in the far corner of the room. It must've belonged to one of the employees here. Those who had family to go to after work, who had a home before all of this happened.

It was a boy. Three years old probably. He was blowing what jungkook assumed to be his birthday cake, three small candles on top of it.

He looked so happy, eyes full of hope. Jungkook wonders where he is right now or what happened to the poor worker.

He hoped they're alright. He hoped they were still alive. Until he realized that it was better to be dead than to exist without actually living.

He looked over Jimin, he's pushing pieces of scratch on the floor with his feet, trying to get through. He crouched down on the ground, holding his flashlight, before picking something up and putting it inside his back pocket.

Jungkook wanted to ask Jimin what it was but he figured out that he can't be too nosy all the time. Jimin needs his privacy because he gives jungkook one and it'll look rude if the older would just be selfish.

"Jimine." He called out, making Jimin to turn around and look at him expectingly. "Come here, don't wander too far."

Jimin groaned. "Hyung, I'm just ten feet away from you."

"I don't care. The most you can get should only be five feet. Now, come here."

Jimin hesitated at first, he still wanted to look for valuable things. The kind of things that have sentiments to other people he doesn't even know. Strangers.

When the latter was now beside him, Jungkook started to walk towards the opposite direction, coughing a few times due to how dusty the place is.

"Hyung, where are we going? Aren't we supposed to be catching friendly pixies and getting safely thrown into a whole new dimension?"

"After what we just went through with those nasty creatures? Not a chance in hell. I'll just explain to Namjoon that we were chased. Let's just do it another time."

"Wow, you sound like we're shopping. That's a great idea, let's just come back when we have time tomorrow morning." He made sure that Jungkook would know he was being sarcastic.

Jungkook lead the way while Jimin was behind him, Jimin did not further question his actions. He stepped on an escalator, but of course it was broken so he walked upwards instead.

They don't know if they have ever been here before, all of the buildings now looked the same to them. Broken, abandoned, dark and cold.

Klunk.

Jimin turned his head to the direction where he heard the noise. He noticed the cables on top of a desk were slightly moving. He pulled out his dagger and gripped it harshly. Slowly, he moved towards the table, careful enough not to make the slightest of noise.

"Jimin, what the heck are you doing?" Jungkook whispered. "Get back here, Jimin." It could be anything. It could be from a cockroach to something as dangerous as a wolf again.

Jimin turned to him and put his index finger in front of his lips, signaling jungkook to keep quiet and to trust him.

When he got close enough, he hit the moving cable with the dagger, his chest aching with how much scared he's getting.

His mind told him to run and be safe so he could live another span of twenty-four hours but his curiosity was making him stay, loving the risk and the probability of dying or being eaten alive. That's how most of the humans are, the reason to their very extinction.

But all of his negative thoughts vanished when the mouse scurried as far as he could from the human and jumped off from the desk to find whatever hole in the wall he could fit in.

Both Jimin and Jungkook let out their breath that they didn't realize they were holding.

"See?" Jimin stuck out his tongue. "I told you to trust me. You were so scared weren't you? Are you scared of mice now?" he snickered, jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Yes, yes, you were so brave. Oh, you're the–"

"What do you mean we're running out of supplies?"

Jungkook ran up to Jimin and grabbed him by the waist before pushing the both of them under the table. Jimin whimpered on how his clothes were getting dirty but he didn't care anymore when he heard voices.

There was a hole under the desk so Jimin lay flat on the floor to see more of the conversation. He knew that this was something they shouldn't be hearing.

Jungkook's arms is still around Jimin's waist, making sure that he was still beside him. It was all dark, jungkook turned their flashlights off and put it aside.

Jimin didn't mind though, he hates to admit it but whenever jungkook is near, his heart feels fuzzy and warm. He doesn't know what that means but decided it was just because of something he ate that day.

"Jeonghan wouldn't like this. Not one bit of it. I'm still not sure if I want to report to him or not. You know him. Once something goes wrong he'll just blame anyone. I'm sure that he'll blame me for it." One of the guys said.

There were two of them and he was a lot shorter than the other. He was wearing a thick jacket and holding something in his hand, it was too dark to tell.

"Come on, Seungkwan. Don't be such a pussy. If he kills you then you die. Don't expect me to give you a proper burial. We're all going to die at some point eventually." The taller one's voice was cold and Jimin didn't like the sound of that.

Jungkook pressed his chest closer to Jimin back, by now he was hugging him, trying to see a better view of the strangers himself.

"Then you tell him yourself, Mingyu. One day, you're gonna get yourself killed because of that smug attitude. If I were you, I'll bite my tongue and behave like a good puppy."

"You won't find anyone who's friendly here!" The guy, Mingyu snapped back. "You know, all the good people die first. Honestly, I'm surprised how you've managed to live this long."

"The secret for a long and healthy life is to not be a fucking asshole who is hungry for dicks."

That made the taller one growl. "You know, we're getting hungry and the scarcity of food and water is a huge problem right now, maybe you should consider to shut your hole before I decide to eat you. We've been feeding on mice and wolves for far too long and I'm sick of it."

Jungkook felt Jimin's body jerk a little. There are people out here. All along, the group thought that there was no one out here anymore. And why would they feed on wolves? Surely they wouldn't last long until they catch the virus. Dr. Kim needs to know all of this.