Prologue

"I'm so happy for you, anak!" My mom hugged me tightly, and started sobbing.

I heaved a sigh. This is it. This is going to be the most memorable day of my life, ikakasal na ako.

I'm supposed to be happy. I'm supposed to burst out with joyful tears, pero bakit parang taliwas ang nangyayari ngayon? I can't seem to be happy. I can't seem to accept this.

I feel so numb. I can't feel everyone that's surrounding me. Is this really how things should be? Wala akong nararamdaman para kay Rade. Wala akong nararamdaman sa taong pakakasalan ko.

Ni hindi ko nga siya kilala.

Of course, everything was hard for me. Pero noong nalaman kong this was the only way to save our slowly failing company, kinailangan kong gawin to.

Montelfalco holds the biggest cruise ships, thus, takes over a lot of subsectors in famous tourist destinations all over the world. Sa madaling salita, marami silang pera. They are in control of a lot of things, sa pinkamadaling salita, we need them.

T'was a nice timing, naghahanap sila ng mapapangasawa ng nagiisang tagapagmana nila. Hindi ko alam kung bakit, Mr. and Mrs. Montefalco seems to have an incredible bloodline, but I haven't met their son yet.

I gulped as I stopped my thoughts from going too far. The media's going to be there, a lot of them. The Montefalco's want our wedding to be public. To officialy declare to everyone that a Montefalco is now marrying the heiress of a dying company, how sad...

Hindi ko lang mapigilang hindi maisip kung bakit kami pa ang pinili nila. Goodness, our company was failing. It wouldn't do any good to theirs. Baka nga ay makaperwiso lang. I was really curious. I'm sure alot of huge companies already offered their heiress, even billionaires too.

I snapped out of my thoughts. I shouldn't overthink. This is nothing, but pure business. Malamang sa malamang ay may habol ang kompanyang yun sa amin, kung ano, hindi ko na alam. Wala ring ka tradisyon tradisyon ang kasal namin. Walang pamamanhikan na naganap, totoong hindi ko pa nakikita ang mapapangasawa ko.

What does he look like?
Is he even near my expectations?

No matter how much I tried to deprive myself from thinking about that damn Montefalco boy, hindi ko pa rin magawa.

The wedding starts just about an hour more.

Isang oras nalang ang natitira para alalahanin ang lahat ng nangyari sa buong buhay ko. I accelerated college with the degree in business management, at the age of 18. Which was just, a few months ago.....

Now, I had to deal with this.

I asked my parents kung pwede nila akong isingit sa listahan sa mga pwedeng pakasalan ni Rade. At first, my parents was curious and worried. Kung bakit daw gusto kong magpakasal sa isang taong hindi ko pa nakikilala. Mr. and Mrs. Montelfalco, deprived their son from the public, leaving everyone to think about what he was like.

Akala ko hindi ko magagawang lumusot sa mga tanong ng magulang ko. In the end, they just sighed and agreed to what I requested.

Maybe, realizing this was the only was to save our ass.

"Are you ready, baby?" My mom asked, I only nodded and smiled at her. I was lost for words, and couldn't think for anything as of the moment.

"You are gorgeous!"

"Wow!"

"Stunning!"

There were alot of people who showered me with compliments. On normal days, I would probably blush for their flattering words. Pero ibahin natin ngayon, lutang akong naglalakad papalapit sa sasakyan.