#Flyers

[#Flyers]
If I had a penny for every time you made me feel worthless, I'd be worth something by now.
–Unknown
*****

      I was home for only a couple of minutes when I got a call from Rowan saying Hailey had been attacked. I got to their house as they explained how hawk had texted Hailey to meet him. "He's not part of the zoo if that's what you're thinking. The message was from King Cobra," Hailey said.
    "Mine too,"Elisia said.
    "Well king cobras definitely in charge," Rowan said as she moved toward Hailey. "Hey are you okay?"
   "My eyes hurt, my throats sore. I'm not sure what would've happened if the elevators didn't start moving again. If the doors didn't open..." Elisia moved on the bed with Hailey and I shuffled at the foot of the bed. I knew exactly what could have happened.
    "Question, Nicki made that Romeo Rejects video with you right?" Elisia asked.
    "Yeah," Hailey said.
     "You know how Dunbar said he wanted to punish five girls? What if she's the fifth?" Elisia asked.
     "Well, then, why wasn't she tagged in the original shotgun video?" Rowan asked.
    "Why wasn't Aspen?" Elisia asked looking over at me. "Anyways what if she started working with MonkeyMan or something?"
    "Nicki's been through a lot. We all have. I actually asked her if she'd ever heard of MonkeyMan, but she said she hasn't gotten any messages," Rowan answered.
    "Last time MonkeyMan was right in front of you, Rowan, and you didn't even see him," Elisia answered and I sighed looking down at the covers.
   "That's not fair," Hailey said.
     "Hey, did you ever check Brandon's locker?" Rowan asked.
    "Yeah but it didn't work," I answered truthfully.
    "You should try Trevor's," Hailey suggested. 
    "Maybe Sean's too," Rowan said.
    "No," Hailey said and I let out a sigh.
    "Hey it's just to make sure, can you send me both their locker numbers," I answered.
    "Fine but you won't find anything," Hailey said. I nodded but it felt like I couldn't take any chances, trust anyone, and that included Brandon Darrow. I wanted to, but I just wasn't sure if I could. Elisia and Rowan snuggled next to Hailey and Elisia motioned for me to come next to her. I sighed crawling the rest of the way next to her. That night I didn't have to many nightmares.
     The following days were spent with me trying to make sure I wouldn't have to see Trevor for a little while. So when I came in and saw the flyers I couldn't help but give a tiny smile. The day went on for awhile when I got a text.
Hailey:
Trevor's locker #47
     I headed toward Trevor's locker, but the locker didn't have the correct key pad for the numbers. I sighed putting my phone away and walking away just as I felt an arm slung over my shoulder.  "Looks like someone besides me knows what a bitch you are," Trevor commented.
     "Yeah I know you're the one who put up the flyers," I said rolling my eyes and removing his arm.
    "Uh I don't have a printer loser, I told you I tweet," he answered.
    "Yeah whatever," I grumbled.
     "Aspen, are you okay?" Ms. Dawson asked walking up to us.
    "Not really, Trevor posted these flyers all over the school," I told her.
    "Whoa, whoa, wait, what are you talking about? I did not," Trevor complained.
    "I found this in his backpack," I said handing Ms. Dawson the original. "It's the original."
    "What? You liar," Trevor whispered.
     "Trevor, come with me," Ms. Dawson said.
    "Okay wait, I know who did it. It was Brandon. Yeah. Brandon Darrow. He was bragging to me about it," Trevor said. I hadn't seen Brandon since the night he had kissed me, I was trying my hardest to avoid him but hearing his name made my heart flutter for just a second.
    "You're lying," I muttered because it wasn't Brandon and it wasn't Trevor it was me. 
    "I'll have them clean this up immediately,"Ms. Dawson said. "Trevor come with me."
     Trevor caught my arm saying, "Hey, you can't beat me at my own game, bitch. I'm the king, so you better watch your back." I rolled my eyes pulling my arm away as Trevor walked away. I sent Hailey a text asking for Sean's locker number after. I got a response immediately.
From: Hailey
I told you, no
To:Hailey
Come on it's just to make sure
From: Hailey
Sean's is #449 but you won't find anything
      I thanked her and waited until later when nobody was around to go to his locker. As I started to put the number in I caught sight of Brandon. Don't do it Aspen. "Hey," I said walking toward him. Nice. "Do you know why Trevor is so mad at me?" I ask.
    "Yeah," Brandon answered.
    "What is it?" I asked with pleading eyes. I ripped off the flyer and looked at it. I wanted to know why Trevor was so cruel to me.
    "Your dad and his mom are screwing," he answered simply. It was like I had just been slapped in the face. I fell against the wall as Brandon came toward me. "Trevor caught them together he was super pissed."
    "I didn't even know, how could I not know," I muttered closing my eyes.
    "What about your dad?" Brandon asked suddenly.
   "What?" I asked.
    "You grilled me about my dad, tell me about yours," he said closing in on me as he put his arm on the wall beside me.
   "No there's nothing to tell, he lied to me," I said looking up at him.
   "Oh come on, what's you guys' thing? Your baseball glove thing?" He asked.
   "Fuck," I muttered.
    "Yeah not so nice is it?" He asked starting to move away. I latched onto his hand to stop him.
   "When my mother left, I was only 7, I thought it was my fault, but my dad would sit with me at night when I would cry and tell me ten reasons why nobody could ever leave me," I said looking up from the floor at him. He reached up moving the strands of hair that fell in my face.
    "You know I didn't hang these flyers right?" He asked, he was so close his breath fanned over my face.
    "Uhh yeah it was Trevor," I muttered looking back down. I hated lying to him but what could I do tell him I did it.
    "No, you know I didn't hang these flyers because you did it," he answered pulling my chin up to look him in the eyes.
    "No I didn't," I answered hurriedly.
     "Yes you did, Trevor's not this clever. This," he said pulling the flyer that I had ripped off the wall from my hand, "is like a work of art."
    "Why would I hang a bunch of pictures of myself saying that I'm ugly and worthless?" I ask.
    "That's what I wanna know," he said leaning in a fragment and stared down at my lips. I couldn't stop myself from slamming my lips on his as they moved together in heated passion. My arms went around his neck and his traveled to my waist. When we pulled apart he backed away saying, "You can tell me when you're ready." I watched him go and groaned. Damn it I did it again. It was like every time we were around each other we couldn't stop it.
    I walked back to Sean's locker and quickly put the code in. It clicked open and I gave a surprised yelp. I started to search through when I found a plastic bag and opened it. There sitting in it was the pig mask. Shit. I pulled out my phone and took a photo before texting the girls to meet me at Stingers.

—•—•—