#SeeingHim

[#SeeingHim]
She didn't want love, she wanted to be loved and that was entirely different.
–Atticus
*****

I was walking to school with my headphones in trying to drown out the sound of absolutely everything. I didn't want to think about what happened last night or what could happen in the future. "Aspen," a voice called and I turned slightly seeing Brandon.
"No you stay away from me," I say turning back around as he jogs toward me.
"Listen I'm gonna stop it," he says grabbing ahold of my arm.
"I don't need you to protect me Brandon," I said as he turned me toward him. I let out a gasp as I saw half his face covered in bruises.
"Listen I know but I started this so I'm going to finish it," he said. I reached up touching his cheek and he leaned in. He closed his eyes before letting out a sigh.
"What happened?" I whispered letting him keep my hand in place with his.
"I wanted to find out who it was, they threatened you, I had to make sure you were safe," he answered, "I want you to trust me, King Cobra he's ruining all our lives." I yanked my hand away as a few tears started to come.
"You know what Brandon no, I don't know why and I don't care what you say all I know is I will never trust you again," I said swiping the tears from my eyes, "You may not be King Cobra but you are the one that planted the seed that spread like poison ivy."
"I promise I'm going to stop this, hey look at me," he said taking my chin and trying to get me to look at him, I resisted at first but I let him," I promise I am going to do everything I can to make sure you are safe." My eyes watered even more as I pulled away from him and continued to walk. School went by numbly that is until I got a message from King Cobra.
From King_Cobra:
I sure am glad your little boyfriend is back in town. Maybe he and I can have a little fun.
I was pissed, and I was tired of this bitch sending me threats. I sent a reply saying,
To King_Cobra:
If your so bad why don't you come out from hiding you bitch.
From King_Cobra:
Careful what you wish for.
I sighed putting my phone back in my pocket as I walked home from school. This is going to end very badly I could tell. When I got home I was told by Trevor's mom to go with Trevor grocery shopping. "Fan-fucking-tastic," I muttered walking right back out the door.
"Damn sis and here I thought you liked me," Trevor said.
"It's not you I'm just a bit pissed off today," I said as Trevor drove us to the shop.
"Yeah Brandon told us he talked to you, he said you were super pissed," Trevor said looking over at me.
"Yeah, I just didn't want to see him so soon," I shrugged staring out the window.
"Hey he was going to wait for you yesterday but you didn't come home until late," Trevor said.
"Yeah I had important stuff to do," I said as we pulled into the parking lot. Trevor nodded but looked at me skeptically. We shopped mostly in silence until Trevor picked up some bread and put it into the cart. "Ew, no are you five?" I asked taking it out.
He placed a different one in the cart saying, "Tell your dad he needs more cabinet space."
"Okay well he's your step dad why don't you ask him," I mutter continuing to push the cart.
    "Still weird?" Trevor asked talking about our parent situation.
    "Yeah still weird," I confirmed, "So are you into any girls at school? I don't know, is this what brothers and sisters talk about?" I tried.
    "No I think we're good," Trevor said and I laughed.
    We rounded a corner and I looked around, "Hey, after the other day, I wanted to ask. How much do you know about..."
    "Everything, Brandon told me everything," Trevor answered.
    I let out a sigh before saying, "Brandon told you everything? Well, he told you his version of everything, you shouldn't trust him." I was saying one thing but for some reason even after everything I did trust him. I trusted him when he promised he would stop it, that he would protect me. I knew he wasn't lying.
     "I do trust him, you should too," Trevor answered looking closely at me. "Maybe you still do trust him?" He whispered and I shook my head.
    "Screw him," I muttered looking away as Trevor sighed.
    "Don't be a dick, what you never made a mistake. Don't answer that, because I know you have. He screwed up. He wants to find King Cobra, he wants to finish this. For real, aspen. Brother to sister. His heart is in the right place," Trevor said catching my eye.
    "Oh he has a heart," I scoffed and he looked at me with an almost heart broken look.
   "You know that better than most don't you?" He asked, "Look he cares about you Aspen, like really cares about you. And we're looking for Zoe too."
    "Wait what?" I ask whipping around but Trevor was already wandering off. Fucking hell that boy pisses me off. I groaned rolling my eyes before following after him. The car ride back was silent and when we got home and put the groceries away we went to our rooms silently. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes looking around at the walls. Most of them were bare but there was one wall that had each drawing that meant something to me.
     There was also the photo of Brandon that I took from Zoe's house on it. There was also a photo of Hailey, Elisia, and Rowan that I drew. The drawings of Dunbar, Trevor, and Brandon were also pinned to the wall in random places. When did my life turn so horribly wrong? My phone dinged and I looked to see a text from Rowan asking to meet at Stingers. Total shocker there.

—•—•—