#Camp

[#Camp]
I made a mistake, now I'm living with the consequences. I regret it, I really do. And I'm sorry.
–Unknown
*****

When we got to Jake's house I texted Brandon and Elisia bandaged me up. When Jake got home he started to lecture all of us. I didn't really know Jake very much so I didn't really bother to listen to him. A knock at the door made me jump and I looked up as Jake answered the door. Tessa and Jai both stood on the porch. When they got in the house Tessa immediately hugged Elisia.
"Thank god you're okay," she said letting go and then looked at me. "Are you okay?" She asked looking at the bandage on my arm. I nodded and gave a small smile.
"Look you guys might still be in danger. Mr. Empty was arrested, but we don't know if this is over yet or not. It's never over," Elisa told them.
"Every time we think we're safe, we're wrong," Rowan said. Suddenly the door opened again and Brandon rushed in.
"Aspen are you okay?" Brandon asked out of breath. Jake looked at him suspiciously and Brandon said, "She texted me." I rushed over to Brandon and wrapped him in a hug.
"I'm okay, how's Trevor?" I asked pulling away from him.
"He's fine," he smiled. "So Mr. Empty or lance broadly he's locked up? What about king cobra?"
I latched onto Brandon's hand as Elisia said, "He said King Cobra was just a name."
"The new KC could be anyone," Rowan added.
"Did you find anything on the tape?" I asked him.
"No, I think it might be a code but I can't figure it out," Brandon said shaking his head.
"Elisia is it okay if we spend the night here?" Tessa asked.
"Yeah," Elisia nodded.
"You should stay too," Jake said staring at Rowan, "Just in case. I don't want any of you guys out of my sight until we find out who the new King Cobra is." Jake glared at Brandon and I figured Rowan probably told him.
"I'll uh watch the front," Brandon said letting go of my hand before giving me one last look and heading outside. I looked at the others before following Brandon outside where he was sitting on a chair. I walked toward him and sat down on his lap. He looked at the bandage on my arm and brought his hand to it.
"I'm fine," I muttered seeing the expression on his face.
"I don't want anything bad to happen to you ever again, I told you I would protect you," Brandon sighed shaking his head.
"Hey Brandon you have," I said bringing my hand to lift his face so he was looking at me. "You have," I whispered before bringing my lips to his. He held onto my waist and my hands were on his face. The kiss was passionate. We pulled away gasping for air as my head was on his forehead. I knew if I wanted to keep this I had to tell Brandon the truth about everything.
I stood up and started to pace and Brandon stood as well. "Brandon I have to tell you something, it wasn't King Cobra that made it look like you were planting a bomb. It was me," I said looking up at him as he stared at me. I could see the betrayal in his eyes. "Brandon please-"
"No, Aspen you were the one who told me I had choices, and then you took them away from me," Brandon said backing away from me.
"Please Brandon just tell me what I can do to make this better," I said tears coming from my eyes.
"Just I need some space," he said before turning and leaving. I fell to the ground and let out a sob. Rowan walked outside and sat next to me.
"I had to tell him Rowan," I whisper and she wrapped me in a hug.
"He'll come back Aspen I promise," Rowan said and I wanted to believe her but I had really fucked up.
"I love him and I messed it all up," I said.
"Hey you thought he was King Cobra, we all make mistakes Aspen it okay, he loves you too, and he'll forgive you," Rowan said. I nodded wiping my tears before we went back inside. Rowan and Elisia left shortly after to go to hawks. When they returned they woke me up.
"Zoe's alive and she's at camp Terrerro," Rowan told me. My heart skipped a beat as I jumped up.
"What are we waiting for, let's end this," I said and they both nodded. We drove to camp terrerro and parked. When we got there we saw hawk and all looked at each other. If there was anyone who new where Zoe could be it was hawk. We followed after him to a cabin. We crept up to a window and watched hawk as he entered the room. We saw him hug Zoe before they disappeared into another room.
"You guys ready?" Rowan asked as we stood up.
"No but lets do this," I said as we entered the house. We started to look around the room when suddenly the room filled with gas. I started to cough and my eyes started to burn as I looked around the room I saw a figure with a gas mask. "Son of a bitch," I muttered before everything went dark. When I woke up again my head ached and I couldn't talk.
     My hands were bound and there was something around my neck. A mask was over my face and I looked around to see Rowan and Elisia in a chair. I looked around more and saw Zoe sitting in a chair, flicking a knife. "Welcome to camp terrerro," she said, "I spent my summers here. You guys didn't, if you had you would've heard the rumors last summer. Some of them were true," she looked at me.
    "The one about me going all the way with David ropes in the crew shed. That was true too, I guess. I mean I did go all the way with him, but I wasn't okay with it," she said stabbing the knife into the table next to her. "And after that the rumors about what I would do to all the counselors spread. And once they started, you couldn't stop them. But I still had my cousin. He defended me."
    "He sat with me when no one else would. He even told a couple of older guys to go screw themselves when he heard them talking about me. They kicked the shit out of him. He's the only one who would've done that for me. You see Dunbar...Dunbar had my back," she said crouching down in front of Rowan and flicking the mask off. She then turned to me.
     "Do you even know why you're here?" She asked pulling the mask off of me and taking the tape off.
     "Because you're a psycho bitch," I spit out and she hit me.
    "Do you wanna know why Dunbar wanted to hurt you?" She asked and my eyes widened.

—•—•—