#Zoe'sMansion

[#Zoe'sMansion]
I'll see you when the world decides it's time for our paths to cross again.
–B.M.
*****

     So breaking into a house probably wasn't the best idea we had come up with. But then again we needed answers and this seemed like the only way. "I think Zoe might be out of town," Rowan said. There was a doubt in her voice and that definitely didn't bode well with me.
     "Doesn't look like anybody's home," I said looking around. "Doesn't mean I don't want to get out of here as soon as possible," I mutter.
     Elisia rang the doorbell but nobody answered. "Okay I found these keys near where ash was shot," she said.
     "Think they could be Zoe's?" I ask her still looking around.
     "Maybe, wouldn't be surprised," she answered. She took out the the keys and tried it but it didn't work. "Guess we have to do it the old fashioned way," she said bending down and picking the lock. When we got inside I turned the flashlight of my phone on and began to look around. Elisia and Rowan went upstairs. After a couple minutes I followed after them.
     I searched the rooms before I found the one they were in. "What's going on?" I whispered. They just stared at the table and I realized what they were looking at. It looked almost like a shrine, a picture of Dunbar Rakes was in the middle surrounded by flowers. On a wall was a photo of Hailey, Brandon, Nicki, and Sean. As well as photos of us.
      Nicki and Hailey both had X's over them. My mouth gaped open as I touched the photos. "What does this mean?" I ask taking the photo of Brandon off and shoving it into my pocket.
     "Why is there a Red Cross over Hailey's face?" Rowan asked. There was a ding from Rowan's phone and we all stared at the message on it. Zoe had texted saying 'right behind you.' We all turned around and my stomach dropped. "Hello?" Rowan called out.
     "Seriously lets go," I said grabbing both their arms. We made our way out of the room but Elisia stopped.
     "Oh my god," she whispered picking up a photograph and turning it around for us to see. Rowan grabbed the photo and we all realized what this meant.
    "Zoe was Dunbar's cousin," she said. I finally got it then why Zoe was doing this. Why she transferred to our school. Why she was trying to get closer to ash. It all came together. There was just one thing I still didn't understand, why me? What had I done? I needed to figure that out if I was ever going to get through this.
     It also didn't explain why Sean was everywhere Zoe was. It just didn't make sense if he didn't know her. Did he really know her? Was he part of her followers? I didn't think Sean could do that to Hailey though. I also didn't think Brandon could do something like that to me. We had information though now. We could tell the cops when and even if we found Zoe.
      "It all makes perfect sense now," I muttered looking at the photo, "That's why Zoe became King Cobra it was because she wanted revenge."
     "Then lets get out of here," Elisa said.
     "Yeah agreed," Rowan said putting the photo back down. We rushed down the stairs wanting to get out of here as soon as possible. Rowan opened the door before letting out a scream. There was a guy standing on the porch, wearing a mask.
     "Shut it!" I yelled and Rowan slammed the door shut once again. We backed away and I turned looking for another way out. "This way!" I yelled pulling them into another room. Which happened to be the kitchen. At the door was another person wearing the same mask. Rowan grabbed Elisia and my arms and pulled us behind the counter. "What are we gonna do now?" I asked clutching onto Elisia.
     "We have to think," Rowan said as we hid behind the counter. I wanted to call the cops, to call my dad, hell at this moment I think I would even call Brandon. But that wasn't a good choice, who knew what could happen. We just needed to stick together and think about what to do.
      "We are so screwed," Elisia said and at this moment I'm pretty sure she was right.
     "We'll think of something I promise," I muttered looking around the kitchen for anything. That's when I noticed the knives on the counter. "Just hold on," I said slowly getting up and grabbing three knives. I handed one to Rowan and Elisia and held one in my own hand. It felt like forever before Rowan peeked out from behind the counter again.
"Is he still there?" Elisia asked. Rowan furrowed her eyebrows and I could see the wheels in her head turning. "It's been almost ten minutes," Elisia whispered.
"Yeah it has," she said peeking out once more, "he hasn't even moved." She got up and I moved with her.
"Rowan wait," I said following after her. Rowan banged on the window and I jumped from the sudden sound. Except the person didn't even flinch. She looked toward us and I furrowed my eyebrows. She slid the door open and the figure just stood there.
"They're dummies," I said sighing, I wasn't sure with relief or stupidity.
"No we're the dummies," Elisia said putting the knife back down.
"Zoe wants us to think she has an army," Rowan explained.
"She might," Elisa said.
"She might not," Rowan replied. Suddenly an alarm started to go off and I looked at them wide eyed.
"Well we definitely know she has an alarm," I said as we ran out the back door. I closed it and exited through her garden. We continued to run before we collapsed against a wall.
"If the cops show up," I started to say.
"We'll be fine just pretend like nothing happened," Rowan said.
"Yeah and that's totally going to be easy," I said standing up straight.
"Listen we have to keep this to ourselves until we know more," Rowan said.
"Are you kidding me? We have to tell the cops," I said throwing my arms up.
"Tell them what that a girl in our class likes to cosplay as a snake and sends us threatening messages. Oh and don't forget that she might have an army that killed Nicki, but her death was made to look like a suicide. And this is all because of Dunbar Rakes death? That'll sound great in a statement," Rowan said.
"Guys stop we can't be fighting," Elisia interjected.
"I know I'm just stressed and tired," Rowan said.
"We all are, we should go home," Elisia said. We all nodded in agreement and promised to talk more in the morning. When I finally got home everyone was asleep and I climbed through my window. I put my hand in my jacket pocket feeling the edges of something. When I pulled it out it was the photo of Brandon. I had forgot I had that. I sighed laying it on my nightstand before going to sleep.

—•—•—