#Understanding

[#Understanding]
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
–Unknown
*****

"You, killed him before he was ever even dead," Zoe said and I frowned, "You broke his heart."
"What the fuck are you talking about?" I gritted my teeth as I tried to loosen the ropes on my wrist.
"Four years ago he asked you out and you embarrassed him in front of everybody," she said angrily.
"Are you actually fucking joking?" I asked angrily.
"You think I'm joking?" She asked grabbing the knife and walking closer to me.
"I would fucking hope so, because unlike you and your psycho cousin I don't hold grudges as stupid as that," I seethed.
"You bitch," she yelled smacking me before cutting my cheek. I could feel the blood coming from my lip and feel it from my cheek. Rowan and Elisia tried to scream but it was muffled. Zoe suddenly changed her demeanor and turned back to Rowan.
"Have you ever watched someone die? Huh? Did you stick around while Dunbar bled out, of did you run from the room? I watched my dad die. And I think, I think I just watched hawk die," she said. Rowan, and Elisia began to cry even more. "You know it's easier to stab someone than you think."
She flicked Elisia's mask off as Rowan and her still screamed I kept looking around for some way out. Zoe put her fingers to her lips in a shhh movement but they didn't stop. She sighed before walking behind them and grabbing all three ropes in her hand. "You fucking bitch!" I yelled when she suddenly pulled Elisia and I's rope. The noose tightened around my neck and my eyes bulged.
I wanted to move my hands to my neck but they were bound. "I will stop when you quit making noises. Well? Good." She let go of the ropes after Elisia stopped screaming. I gasped for breath as Zoe came back around and picked up a shot gun before sitting down. "It was easy, really. All I had to do was text hawk that I had Hailey up here and he came immediately, yes he did."
She cocked the gun and aimed it at each of us one by one. "You know, hawks probably the only one that actually never had anything to do with this. He told me after that Dunbar needed help. Help. He rejected me. Can you believe that?" She asked.
"Believe that he didn't want to be with a crazy person no never," I retorted sarcastically.
She dragged her chair forward saying,"You really need to learn to shut your mouth. You know I wish I could have been there. With Dunbar. When he died. I mean, truth is, if I'd gone to that party that night, he'd still be here. So that's my personal hell. You know what the last thing he said to me was. See you later. Those three little words will stay with me forever. See. You. Later."
She jumped up onto a table grinning, "Well, well, well. Look at this. Two down. Three to go. Nicki's dead. Hailey's gone and you're next. You really did make it so easy. Your lives. You're secrets. They've always been right at our fingertips, online," she chuckled, "Idiots. But I can't take all the credit, yanno. Lance was good when he was lance. But he was great when he was Mr. Empty."
She leaned on the piano keys making a horrible noise. "You're sick you know that," I said.
"I know, but lance there was nothing he couldn't do. He saw that text from Brie, about her friend stinger, hijacked the number and answered the phone when you called, Rowan. And that's why we don't use phones to communicate." Zoe laughed and lit a match before putting it out on her tongue and throwing it at our feet.
      "You know," she said picking up the shotgun again, "It's crazy how stupid you are. But I don't blame you. We trust our phones, we trust our computers. If it's on the news than it must be true. And if you say your name is stinger, then you must be stinger." She put the shotgun down before sitting back on the chair.
     "And he really loved me. He loved me so much. No matter how hard I made it for lance to love me, he loved me anyway. But lance? Lance thought I would be happy he shot Ash," at that Elisia sobbed harder and Zoe laughed.
      "Can you believe that? Lance did that for lance. You know in truth, I think we mostly do things for ourselves. And if I have to be honest, all of this is for me, just as much for Dunbar. Dunbar made a choice, he could've killed you two, but he killed himself instead," she said pointing at Rowan and I.
     A few tears left her eyes as she said, "That was his choice. Dunnie." She slammed her hands down on the piano as she sobbed for a couple of minutes.
    She suddenly switched back to what she was a few minutes ago and said, "So, tomorrow. The police will get an anonymous tip about strange noises coming from Camp Terrerro. They will find three dead girls strung up by Dunbar Rakes childhood best friend, hawk. And they will find hawk with a shotgun in his mouth and his brains all over the back wall."
     "At hawks apartment they will find a ton of evidence and jakes gun. Which stinger put there, right in front of you," she pointed at Elisia, "Idiot."
    "You're not gonna get away with this," I said.
     "Oh please," she said walking behind us again. "I'm gonna enjoy watching you three die." She pulled the rope and I was yanked off my chair. Rowan and Elisia both screamed. Suddenly a loud noise came from the back room. She dropped the rope and I let in gasps of air.
     "Hawk you still breathing baby boy," she grabbed her knife and yelled at us, "Shut up!" She kicked the door open and disappeared into a room. Rowan freed herself and helped Elisia and I out.
     "You know I'm so tired of getting hurt," I muttered as we made our way out of the cabin. We looked around but saw we were in a different place.
    "We have to get out of here," Rowan said.
    "Yeah but where are we?" Elisia asked.
    "I don't know," Rowan answered before we saw some woods. We took off running into the woods. Suddenly we heard Zoe yelling and taunting us. We ducked down behind a set of steps and Zoe's voice sounded closer.
    "These are my woods! I'm gonna find you!" Zoe yelled. We crept more into the forests and passed odd things. There were blades sitting in a line, and a deer was hanging from a tree. We suddenly heard the cocking of a gun and I turned around slowly to see Zoe.

—•—•—