Quarter Past Midnight

I know most of you probably don't smoke but you do in this imagine!

Your POV 

It was a quarter past midnight and I was sat in my boyfriends red Toyota Tercel, music blasting out of the speakers. He drove down the restless streets, hand on my thigh as I blew the smoke of my cigarette out of the open window. I lifted my cigarette towards the boy beside me and let him inhale the chemicals. I watched as he exhaled the smoke, keeping his eyes fixated on the road. I glanced out of the window, into the near-empty streets. The only people were drunk or high. I threw my half-smoked cigarette out of the window and breathed in the fresh night air.

This is what we would do if we needed to calm down. If we had a tough day or we had just argued, we would jump in the car and burn the night away, speeding down the silent streets of Albuquerque. We would simply sit in a peaceful silence and by the time we finally decided to get home, everything would be fine.

These were the good times in life. They were filled with bad decisions but they were my favourite parts of life. I placed my hand on top of Jesse's, on my thigh, and interlocked our fingers. I turned to him and he took a quick glance at me, smiling. I smiled back and leant back in my seat. 
"I love you baby." I smiled as we continued down a random road.
"And I love you to doll." He smiled.