Payphone

Your POV 

I rummaged in my pocket for the last bit of change I had on me and I put it into the payphone. I pushed the well-known numbers into the machine for the third time in the past 5 minutes and waited to hear the all too familiar ring. I lent against the wall of the phone box with the phone connected to my ear.

One ring...Two rings...Three rings and so on until I almost gave up all hope. Seven rings and suddenly the line connected filling my ears with silence on the other end.
"Hello." My croaky voice squeaked out.
"What?" The voice on the other end sighed.
"Look I'm sorry that I just walked out Jesse, I was in shock." I rubbed my temple with my free hand.
"You literally embarrassed me in front of everyone." Jesse said with a clear sad tone in his voice.
"I'm truly sorry. My social anxiety just got the better of me and instead of me staying and answering your question I just ran. I'm such an asshole fuck!" I groaned, "I just never thought you would want to marry me so I never prepared myself for that sort of situation."
"Of course I would want to marry you doll, I love you." He said causing me to smile, "You still need to answer my question."
"I'm not going to accept your proposal on a bloody payphone." I giggled, "You'll have to wait until I get back for an answer."
"Oh I'll be eagerly awaiting." He laughed, "Now hurry home so I can get this ring on your finger before I end up stupidly losing it!"
"Hey I haven't actually accepted it yet. I might be planning to say no, you never know." I smirked and laughed lightly.
"Hmm, of course, you would say no." Jesse said, "Hurry home anyway, I miss you."
"Ok I'll be like five minutes, see you soon. Love you." I smiled at the thought of getting back home.
"Love you too." He replied, luckily before the line cut off due to my money running out.