✯ ❘ eleven

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"you didn't have to lie, you know." ashton said, finally breaking the awkward silence between them.

a hour before, ashton had taken calum to the nurse to have his temperature taken. he was no where close to having a fever, and then began to lie about having a headache. ashton caught the lie, because well, calum is not the best liar out there. the singer noticed when calum's eyes darted around the room, and he made no contact with anyone.

calum's cheeks flushed pink. of course he'd get caught. if the nurse didn't notice his terrible lie, of course ashton would.

"i didn't want to look like i was purposely skipping. luke is the one who started the lie, i just simply continued it." calum said smugly.

ashton was silent for a moment, stunned by calum's confidence. it really shouldn't be a surprise since the maori boy is always a asshole to him. yet at the same time, calum usually isn't this confident around him. even though he makes snarky comments, he's shy and stays closed up.

"you still lied." ashton pointed out.

calum huffed, knowing that he wasn't going to win this. so what if he lied? why isn't ashton being all fussy with luke? he's the one who started it, calum just carried the lie on. wait, why is ashton being all fussy with him? why is he even here still?

"you can leave, i'm just supposed to lay down for the rest of the period." calum said, laying his head down on the uncomfortable leather cot pillow.

"i'm just here to make sure you don't need anything." ashton responded, sitting back in the blue plastic chair.

calum raised an eyebrow. "isn't that the nurses job?"

ashton sighed. "can you just shut up and nap like you're supposed to? this whole 'my head hurts' isn't going to work well if you keep blabbering your mouth." he snapped.

calum was quiet, shocked by ashton's tone. he's usually chirpy, and really annoying. he has never heard ashton talk like that, and he never wants to hear it again. his yelling would probably be ten times worse though, and calum was sure to note to never make ashton angry. maybe annoyed, but not angry,

calum sighed, the ticking of the clock bothering him. it's all he heard, and it was starting to get annoying. just like ashton's presence, even though he wasn't doing anything calum just didn't want him here.

he doesn't know why he acts so bitchy towards ashton. it's just a natural way to act towards the singer. he hopes ashton doesn't hate him or anything, especially with those whole mp3 situation. he still needs to get that back, but there's no way ashton would give him a chance to say the first five songs.

he really missed his mp3 player. it's been three days without his baby and he misses his music. he can't play music from his laptop since his cousins don't even know it exists, and he definitely doesn't want them snooping in his laptop. not that there's anything bad on it, it's just an invasion of privacy, and the songs are on there as well.

"ashton?" calum asked quietly,

the singer hummed in reply, looking up from his phone.

"what is going to happen when you find that person from the dance?"

ashton was quiet for a moment. he honestly didn't know what he was going to do when he finds him. he thinks about that mystery boy daily, wishing he would come up already and claim his mp3. ashton could care less about returned the mp3, he just wants to know who the boy is. maybe he'll help them start a career, or get into a good college for dancing. and maybe.. start something with them.

"i just want to know him. i really wanna know who he is, and it's driving me crazy."

calum nodded and closed his eyes. ashton is going crazy over him, and that makes his heart do cartwheels and his mind scream. he wants to tell him, so bad, but he fears that ashton is expecting someone else, someone better looking, someone who isn't a bitch to him.

but little does he know, ashton is secretly hoping that the mystery boy is calum.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

this story is going downhill i'm so sorry. it was going great in the beginning and now it's falling apart