✯❘nineteen

••••

••••

cal: meet me outside at lunch
11:33am

once ashton got that text, he immediately became worried. was there something wrong? they normal sit at a table with luke and michael during lunch.

ashton shook his head, attempting to shake out the negative thoughts rolling around in his mind. maybe calum just wants to talk to him. maybe he just wants to be alone.

ashton's heart fluttered at the thought of calum just wanting to be around him. the singer is quite fond of the maori boy. that's a lie, he's completely whipped. his body feels like it's going to erupt with happiness and love when he's around calum. there's just something about the boy that ashton just can't get enough of. calum is different than anyone else ashton has met. he doesn't want this friendship to end, and he hopes that this could possibly go further.

a future with calum sounds like heaven. only if calum wants that, of course. ashton would never put the boy in a situation he doesn't want to be in.

the bell rang at 11:50, and students rushed out the door despite the teacher's protest about how 'the bell doesn't dismiss you, i do'.

ashton rushed for the back of the school. it's where he usually meets up with calum before school or after school, sometimes at lunch like they are now.

calum wasn't there yet, so ashton leaned against the brick wall and bid hello's at the few students who passed by. the students calmed down a lot after they got used to ashton being here. there's still some fans who freak out but ashton doesn't mind. he isn't being mobbed at the front entrance anymore so that's a big improvement.

living a celebrity life is not easy. everyone knows that, we'll for the most part. some people think that celebrities have it the easy way when in reality, they're just doing their job like everyone else's. they're living their life just like everyone else is. celebrities don't have special privileges, they still pay bills, they still get arrested, they're people. they're humans. just because they're famous doesn't make them a god.

sometimes ashton wishes he had his old life back. there are days where his job gets too stressful for him and he just wants to quit and go back to his old life. as much as he loves performing and making new music for his fans, sometimes he wishes his life was easier. he's only eighteen. he literally just hit the adult age. he's still treated as if he were a child, but that's only because his fame started at a young age.

his management is always cautious and careful with their actions. ashton may be a celebrity, but he's still a young adult. he can only handle so much right now. as he gets older. he knows he'll have more pressure pushed towards him. as much as he is not ready for that, he knows it's the only way he'll be able to continue his dream.