✯❘ seventeen

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

ashton pulled up into the driveway once dominique's limo left. the house was now dominque and cousin free, leaving calum and ashton alone to practice in peace without anyone interrupting.

they both got out of the car, but calum stopped at the door and groaned when he saw a piece of paper taped to it that said 'chores'.

ashton's eyebrows furrowed together and he plucked the paper from the door. more pieces of paper began falling down, all taped together.

"what is this?" ashton asks in confusion.

calum sighs and crosses his arms. "my chore list that dominique leaves me every day. we can practice another day, i'm sorry."

ashton looks up at him with a smirk on his lips. "we can still practice."

calum raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "how?"

it didn't take much convincing to make calum say yes. while they cleaned the house, they practiced a few moves while doing so. ashton thought some of calum's techniques were good, but needed a little more improving.

he believes calum is a wonderful dancer. he knows he is. never in his life or his entire career has ashton seen anyone dance with so much passion. he misses being able to dance like that, but that's why he came back; to find his reason again.

it took them two hours to get everything done. some of the chores were absolutely stupid. like, painting the pool pink. what is this, barbie? is the water going to be dyed pink next, and maybe some glitter will be thrown into the mix?

they were tired by the time they finished. they worked hard on getting everything done on the list, and dancing. it took a lot of energy out of them, so calum lead ashton to his bedroom for them to just relax.

ashton was tuning calum's old guitar. calum doesn't play it much since he's always busy doing chores. he just has the guitar since it was his mother's. not only could she dance, but she had the voice of an angel. he remembers when they had a campfire in their backyard, and his mom played the guitar as his parents all sang along to whatever song she was playing. he smiles faintly at the memory. he misses his parents, a lot.

"you need a new guitar." ashton says, chuckling slightly.

calum placed the book he was reading on his bed and looked at the singer. "i cant really afford another one."

"i could buy you one to replace this." ashton says.

calum frowned, and he felt a bit of hurt at the comment. he knows ashton doesn't know anything about his parents, and he really doesn't want to tell him just yet. it's hard for him to talk about it. even though it's been years since they've died, he still struggles talking about it. he didn't even tell luke until last year. it's just something that can't be casually thrown in a conversation.