I

The full moon shone above the small, pure white werewolf's head as her paws struck the dirt ground of the forest. She didn't know what direction she was going, only that she needed to move. Her mind was fuzzy but one thought was clear in her head I am not a monster. It's what she thought every full moon it kept her grounded. It keeper her human.

Remus, who had shift in the thick woods behind his family's cottage, picked up on a scent. One he'd never smelled before, it was the normal scent of his prey. This scent was sweet almost like chocolate. He followed it.

The white wolf finally slowed to a stop as she heard something big chasing after her. She turned in time to see a dark grey werewolf burst through the bushes.

Remus's wolf went wild, he was giddy and excited. One word travel through his head: mate!

The white wolf knew that this other werewolf was her mate, thought she didn't seem quite excited about it as Remus did. She sniffed his scruff then bowed low to him.

Remus returned the bow, but when he raised his head again the white wolf was gone, almost as if she had never been there. He let out a soft whimper.

The next morning when Remus transformed back in to himself, he felt as if his heart had been broken. His mate didn't want him, but why?

He came in through his back door and the smell of bacon wafted in from the kitchen. His mom caught sight of him immediately. "Remus, are you hurt?" His mother asked worriedly.

Remus was hurt, just not in the way his mother thought,"I'm fine, just a few scratches."

"Do have you father heal them, and then come eat some breakfast," she said turning back to the stove.
Remus did as he was told and found his father up in his study.

It didn't take long to heal the scratches he had and in a few minutes he was back downstairs stuffing his face with sausage and bacon.

"So are you excited to go back to Hogwarts tomorrow?" His father asked.

Remus took the time to swallow his food before responding,"Yeah, I'm gonna take a few NEWT level courses to get a just start on next year."

"You're so smart Remus, makes me wonder where you got it from," his father laughs.

"Well it certainly didn't come from your father," his mom smirks at Mr. Lupin.

"Hope!" Remus's father huffs.
"I'm only teasing love," Hope say and kisses her husband.

Remus gags,"what time do I get to leave for James's?"

Hope glances down at her watch,"uh, about an hour. Have you packed yet?"

"Yeah."

"Alright go get a shower, you smell like you've been running around in the mud all night!" Mr. Lupin says.

Remus barks out laugher as he climbs the stairs to his room.

He strips out of his sweat drenched clothes and takes a long, warm shower. 

Remus drys off and has he's walking back to his dresser his reflection in the mirror catches his eye.

As he leans in closer the faint scares that mare his face become more visible. I don't understand why she ran away, she's my mate. The person who I was made for, didn't even want to know me.
Remus pretended to not see the tear slip from his own eye. He got dressed quickly then carried his trunk down the stairs.

He says a lengthy goodbye to his mother and father, which consists of a lot of hugs. Then his father flashes us to the Potter's house.
"Be safe," his father reminded him for the tenth time and gives him one last hug," I'll see you at Christmas."