IV

The boys had decided to wait for Kat to get her wand, but it was past curfew and she still wasn't here. "Kat should be back by now," Remus said pacing the corridor,"Sirius check where she is on the map."

Sirius pulled of a empty piece of parchment from his pocket,"I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good," he mumbles. It takes him a minute to find her foot prints," that strange...she's in a empty classroom with Snivellus."

"Snape!" James gasps."this can be good, let's go!"

They race through the corridors until they make it to the classroom. They pause when they hear Kat's voice,"-Wants me dead, he can come kill me himself!"

The marauders shared a confused look with each other. There was a few foot steps and then Snape's voice,"Kat I'm sorry I know you're right, I just love you so much."

They hear Kat let out a sob, and Remus can't wait any longer, he rushes into the room. He draws up short when he sees Snap hugging Kat, while she cries into his Chest. He has his chin resting on the top of her head, and Remus is hit with a pang of unexpected jealousy.

Snape catches sight of Remus and glares,"we have company."

Kat pulls away from Snape's embrace, turning to see the marauders in the door way. James, and Sirius look confused, and Remus looks betrayed. "I thought I told you to go back to the dorms," Kat scolds.

"Yeah well we didn't!" Remus growls.

Sirius places his hand on Remus's shoulder,"chill mate let's hear their explanation first."

Remus brushes Sirius's hand off,"I think I've heard enough, to know what's going on here. She's been playing us this whole time. She's nothing but a liar," he spits. He turns on his heel and storms off.

Kat breaths out a shaky breath and starts to call after him.

James stops her,"give him time to cool off, yeah?"

Kat nods,"Alright let head back to the dorms then," she turns to Severus,"goodnight Sev, I love you."

He kisses her forehead,"I love you too, I'll see you tomorrow." The boys let him pass and then they all turn back to Kat.

"Please tell me you're not shagging that greasy git!" Sirius groans,"cause to be honest you could do so much better."

Kat smacks him in the arm,"He's my cousin!"

"Cousin!" They both repeat.

"Yes!" Kat says exasperated,"I'll explain more in the dorm."

They all follow in Remus's tracks back to the dorm. When they make it to the marauder's room, Kat pushes open the door slowly,"can we talk Remus?"

He's laying on his bed starring at the ceiling. He doesn't respond so Kat goes in, and closes the door behind her. The other marauders look pained that they can't be in on the conversation to, but Kat sends them a look that say, I'll tell you later.

"Remus," Kat says slowly walking towards him, like he's a animal and she's afraid she'll frighten him away. She sits on his bed cautiously then when he says nothing lies back so that their bodies are pressed side by side.

Remus sighs in content, but still doesn't speak. He knows he should apologize but something in him refuses to let him. It's not like he fancies her, so what reason could he possibly have to feel this jealous. She's mine a voice inside him whispers, but she wasn't his. And he hated that he'd even thought of her as something he could own.

Kat turns and gazes at the side of his face. She wants to run her fingers along the scares that  cross along his nose and cheeks, so she does. He tenses immediately making her think that she should stop, but as she goes to pull her hand away he catches her wrist. "Will you ever tell me how you got them?" Kat asks lightly.

"One day," he confirms.

"One day," she sighs,"you'll tell me about all your scares and I'll tell you about mine." She felt strangely nervous as she peered at the the place where her fingertips meet is skin.

Her face is closer to him than he thought so as he turns to face her there noses brush against each other. "You don't have to tell me about Severus if you don't want to," he whispers.

"But I do," Kat says with a small smile," Snape and I are cousins, but we grew up like brother and sister. I'd always spend the summer at his house, so when I got expelled from Uagadou that's the first place I thought of to go," she looked down. Remus placed a comforting hand on her arm as she continued,"when he was sorted into Slytherin he saw his opportunity to unite under Voldemort. He uses his sway with the Death Eaters to keep them away from me."

"Why would Voldemort want you?" Remus asks confused.

"its not important," she closes her eyes, "all you need to know is that I have it under control and if I don't you'll be the first person I run to. deal?"

He watched as her eyelashes fluttered back and worth nervously,"deal."

She opened her eyes and grinned at him. Then quickly she planted a kiss on his cheek and stood from the bed,"goodnight."

Remus was to shocked to reply and by the time he'd recovered she was already gone.

"Man what happened to you?" Sirius chuckled walking into the dorm,"Your face is redder than Godric Gryffindor's."

This only made Remus blush harder,"no I'm not."

"Yeah you are," Peter said as he too entered the room from god knows where.

"Just go to sleep," Remus said pulling his covers over him,"nox," he cast.

As Remus lay with his eyes closed, trying to go to sleep, he thought of Kat. Her shoulder length her black hair and her strangely familiar green eyes. He thought of the curve to her deep pink lips and how he wanted nothing more than to kiss them. Then just as this early he felt a sharp pang of guilt, he had a mate someone who was supposed to be his perfect match. But there was another voice that whispered that his mate didn't want him, so it didn't matter if he fancied Kat.
By the time he got to sleep he was more confused then ever.