V

It was the night before the full moon and Kat woke up freezing. She reached for her covers but none were there. She cracked a eye open and realized that she was laying on the floor. She huffed and pulled herself to her feet. She pulled Remus's jumper over her green silk nightie and headed down the stairs.
The fireplace was not yet lit and she's left her wand upstairs, so she decided to head to the boy's dorm instead.
She slipped quietly into the marauder's room. Remus had been slightly distant this last week, but Kat just assumed that was because he was still shocked that Snape was her cousin.
The light from the moon outside cast a eerie glow over the room. The curtains on all four beds were drawn, and Kat headed for the fourth bed. She pulled the curtain open on one side just enough for her to stick her head in.
She poked Remus's cheek until he woke up,"Remus?" She asked when he finally cracked a eye open.
"Kat?" He asked groggily,"what are you doing here?" His voice was raspy and it sent a unexpected tingle down Kat's spine.
"I'm cold," she explained,"can I sleep here?"
Remus didn't reply only scooted over in the bed. Kat climbed in pull the overs to her chin. Remus wrapped a arm around her, and she was surprised to find he slept shirtless. "You are cold," he whispered,"let me fix that for you."
She felt his rough, warm hands slide underneath the jumper she was wearing, leaving only a thin layer of silk between his palm and her breasts.
Kat moaned softly as his large fingers brushed across her.
His hands traveled across her skin leaving trails of fire in their wake. She moaned, and he flipped them so he was on top of her.
His lips attacked her neck leaving hickeys and small love bites. When she looked up at him she saw that his canines were now elongated and sharpened. She grinned at him, knowing what came next. She leaned her head to the side giving him full access to her neck. He sunk his teeth into the spot where her shoulder meet her neck, marking her as his. Her scream turned into a moan almost instantly. He grinned at her as he pulled away then licked her blood that coated his fangs.
She closed her eyes and when she opened them again she realized she was lying in her bed in the girl's dorms.
"Whoa," she said. She had never had a dream like that. She had, had sex dreams before don't get me wrong but they had never felt like that.
She sighed and pushed the blankets off of her, she stumbled in the dark to the bathroom to take a shower. She turned the nob of the shower to the hottest it could go. Then, as she waited for the water to heat she glanced in the mirror. She saw lines of dried red blood on her skin starting at exactly the spot where dream Remus had marked her. Exactly the spot where one day her mate would mark her as his.
The marking was sacred ritual were the werewolves each bit into the other's life source. It was a sign of complete trust and it scares the shit out of Kat.
The cuts on her neck matched her bloody finger nails. She sighed before untying the front of her nightie and letting it slip to the floor, she stepped into the warm shower.
The burning water reminded her of Remus's touch and she shuddered remembering it.
She let the water wash away the dream memory of him and instead focused on the real him. How his brown eyes looked like melted chocolate. How those same eyes seemed to follow her every move, like a wolf stalking its prey.

Then as if you were putting the last piece of a puzzle into place, she realized: Remus Lupin is in fact a werewolf.
She gasps, how could she have not seen it before! All his scares, the way the marauders would stop talking about something as soon as she entered the room, even his nickname: Moony.
But if he was a werewolf, could he also be my mate, she thought. She thought of the dream: he had definitely been her mate in the dream. She could smell the sweet aroma off him that had her wolf going crazy. But was that just a coincidence.
She thought back to when she meet her mate. She thought of his eyes, and how they looked exactly like Remus's. The wolf even had faint scars across its snout.
She closed her eye: this was too much. She needed to get out of this shower and away from Remus Lupin. She need time to process everything and figure out what to do.
She turned off the shower and got dressed quickly. She taped a piece of gauze over the cuts on her neck so they wouldn't get infected.
Luckily today was a Sunday and she was able to slip through the halls undetected.
When she made it to the kitchen where the house elves were rushing around getting breakfast ready.
One froze as she caught sight of the student,"What can I do for you Ms. May?"
"Uh can I please have a water bottle, and a blueberry muffin?" Kat asked kindly.
"Coming right up Miss," the house elf said then disappeared with a snap of its fingers.
Kat only had to wait a minute before the elf reappeared with a muffin and a water bottle . She thanked the elf and left the kitchen.
As she was walking down to the quidditch pitch, she ate her muffin.
Borrowing a communal broom stick she made her way to the center of the pitch.
Before mounting she paused and took out her wand. She casted a Patronas,"take this message to the head master," she said to the silver wolf,"professor, I am leaving Hogwarts to handle some family matters. I shall return tomorrow morning after my shift," she paused,"thank you professor for all of your help."
She took off and flew over the forbidden forest. Once the morning sky faded to noon she spotted the sky line of London. She veered left away from the city and to a small town that was tucked away in the hills.
She landed in a patch of trees and dismounted. She hid her broom in a hallow tree and continued into town.
She knew it was risky to be here, especially scene she was still 16 and couldn't legally do magic outside of school. However she highly doubted any of Tom Riddle's followers would be here, she doubted they even knew about this place.
She walked down the cobblestone street until stoping in front of a small light blue cottage that had a plentiful garden. She opened the white gate of the picket fence that surrounded the house.
She lifts her hand to knock but the door swings open. There's a man with black hair that started to grey who's wearing a dirty jeans and a flannel,"Kathryn?" He whispers almost like he can't believe it. A smile breaks out on his face.
"Yeah dad it's me," she smiles,"I hope it's ok I didn't call ahead."
"This is your home Kat, you never need to call ahead. I'm so happy you're here. I've missed you so much!" He pulls her into a hug, resting his chin on the top of her head.
"I've missed you too," she sighs, relaxing into the hug. She let it fill her with hope: everything will be fine. "I do have something to tell you though."
"Of course, I have much to tell you too" he says looking down at his daughter," come inside I made beans on toast for lunch."
She followed him inside and he slide a paper plate in front of her when she took a seat at the table.
She dug in, she didn't realize how hungry she was after half a day of flying.
Her father waited patiently until she was done before asking," what was it you need to tell me?"
"Dad....I think I found my mate." She says looking down at her empty plate.
He doesn't say anything at first. Just blinks. "You think?"
"Yeah its a long story," she says wincing a bit.
"I'll put on some tea," he says.
Then she tells him everything, well expect the almost sex dream, I mean he is her dad.
She finishes with how she's worried about her and his wolves reactions at tonight's full moon,"what if I run with the pack tonight? Then I don't have to worry about it."
Her dad gives her a sympathetic look,"I'm sure the pack would love to have you back. We all miss you on the runs. But sweetheart I'm afraid that after you meet your mate your wolf will do anything to get to him on the full moon. It'll destroy itself and you in the process."
She longed for the pack runs how the wind felt in her fur, and the feeling of being united. Her father on one side and her best friend on the other. "So I can never run with the pack again?" She asks sadly.
"No of course you can, you can bring your mate you and he will always have a spot in my pack. But for right now I think it's best if you shifted near him. Just until you tell him," he explains calmly.

"Dad," she whispers,"I'm afraid to tell him."

"I know," he replied," but one day, when I'm gone you'll be the Luna of our pack and you'll need to be brave and hold tight to the people you care for. If you come to truly love this boy you won't need to tell him, he'll know."

A tear slipped down her cheek as rested in the dip of her collar bone. "Do you think I'll make a good Luna, dad?"
"the greatest the light moon pack has ever seen," he say confidently.
"Thanks," she sniffs forcing back the rest of her tears,"you're the best dad a werewolf could ask for."