VI

Remus couldn't shake this feeling that Kat was hiding something. And it didn't help that no one could find her, Remus was already anxious about the full moon now he was worrying about Kat too.
Finally around lunch time, Remus gave up on trying to find her and instead headed to the head masters office.
Remus was so frazzled he didn't even knock before entering professor Dumbledore's office. "Dumbledore sir, I can't find Kat anywhere I believe she's gone missing," Remus rushed in one breath while he ran his hands through his hair.
Professor Dumbledore didn't seem surprised at Remus busting into his office, he merely sighed and said," Mr. Lupin I highly appreciate your concern for your peer but there is nothing to be concerned about Ms. May contacted me this morning to tell me she was heading home to deal with a family emergency and that she would be back tomorrow morning."
"What kind of emergency," Remus asked finally stoping his frantic pacing.
"She didn't say and even if she did I don't believe that is any of your business Mr.Lupin. Now I've told you all that I know, will you please let me get back to my work."
Remus slammed the office door behind him not even sending a farewell over his shoulder.
He made his way down to the dinning hall and thumped down next to James and Sirius.
His nerves were severely racked and his wolf was even more anxious than normal.
"You find Kat?" James asked around a mouth full of mashed potatoes.
"That's disgusting James," Lily groaned from the other side of the table.
"Dumbledore says she went home to deal with a family emergency," Remus informed them as his leg began to rapidly move up and down.
"I hope everything is ok," Lily said with a sympathetic look out the window as if she could see Kat on the horizon.
"Did he say when she'll get back?" Sirius asked, placing his hand on Remus's knee to still it.
"Tomorrow morning," Remus said and immediately stoped bouncing his leg.
They all seem to find this information sufficient because they went back to eating. However Remus was still on edge and after a few minutes he gave up eating and returned to his dorm to see if he could get some sleep before the long night ahead.
He could remember falling asleep but when he woke up the sky was fading into late afternoon and the rest of the marauders were wondering about the room getting the supplies for the night.
Usually Remus would be reluctant to go to the Shrieking shack but tonight he felt more excited than ever, perhaps his wolf thought he was going to see his mate again, but Remus knew that, that wasn't going to happen.
They made it to the shack and Remus sprawled out on a mattress, the marauders has brought up here last year, as he tried to mentally prepare himself for the night to come. He knew the full moon will be harder without his mate here and he wasn't sure if he was ready.
As the moon finally rose above the horizon Remus's nightmare began. The pain was excruciating, the worst it's ever been, his skin was on fire and every bone in his body bent and broke. To watch Remus transformer was to sacrifice you vanity.
When Remus finished pulling himself apart, he stitched himself back together into a new form.
The wolf began to whine had search around the room for its mate. When it could not find its mate it began to turn on the other animals in the room as if it was their fault she wasn't her.
The black dog sent the stag a meaningful glance as it dodged the werewolf's lounge. A rat skirted across the floor trying to grab the attention on the wolf. The wolf's long curved claw was about snatch the rat up when the werewolf suddenly froze. His ears perked up and he sniffed at the air. Without hesitation the wolf howled and then bolted from the shrieking shack followed closely by the dog, rat, and stag. The wolf sprinted through the forbidden forest until abruptly stoping in the center of a clearing. It circled around trying to look for something.
A white wolf emerged from the trees and into the clearing. The wolves stared at one another daring the other to run. Finally the white wolf walked up to the other and nuzzled its neck with her snout. This seemed to be all the other wolf needed to know his mate was not going to run off again. He hesitated licked at her ears then paused and waited for her reaction. When she didn't seem to care he continued to clean her coat.
The three Anagmases (?) watched from the edge of the clearing carful not to frighten the two.
Finally the white wolf spotted the other 3 animals. She crept towards them, a flicker of recognition showed in her eyes. She sniffed at the rat, deciding it was to small for her to eat, moved on to the dog. He was bigger but he smelled revolting. Finally she sniffed at the stag then bit down on one of his antlers. The stag stubbles back and huffed at the wolf. Finding them unthreatening and not tasteful the she wolf returned to the grey wolf's side.
Remus stared at the white wolf, then began to nib at her neck. At first the white wolf leaned into his touch but when his fangs pressed a bit harder into the place he would mark her one day she yelped and jumped away from him.
That's when he took notice of the scans on her neck. For a Brief second Remus feared his mate had already been marked. But no if she'd been marked he would have smelled the other wolf on her, so the wound must be from something else. He licked the wound carefully trying to sooth it.
The white wolf closed her eyes and lay down curling into a ball. Remus followed suit and curled his body around the smaller wolf.
When Remus awoke the next morning he felt to the warm sun heating his back and heard the morning birds singing. His nose was nuzzled into black should length hair. He planted kisses up and down her neck till she began to stir. Kat turner to face Remus. She smiled softly,"are you glad it's me?"
"I couldn't be happier," Remus smiles back trailing his finger down the curve of her body.
Kat kissed him and Remus closed his eyes.
When he opened them again he was laying in the dirt alone like always. He startled as he realized Kat being his mate was just a dream.
He pulled himself off the ground carful of his wounds. He still couldn't shake the dream it was so realistic, he thought he could even smell her scent here.
He nudged the marauders one by one until everyone was awake. "Come on let's go I need some clothes I'm freezing."
"Remus?" Sirius called,"have you seen this?"
Written in the dirt was a note that read:
Hello, Remus.
A/N sorry this chapter took me so long I wasn't really feeling it.