III

"Ugh," Kat said as she threw herself down on her new friend, Lily's bed.

The welcome feast had been 3 week ago and after she was sorted into Gryffindor she began her classes as normal and had befriended lily. She was still doing as her cousins asked and was avoiding the Slytherins like the plague, even though it pained her to ignore her beloved cousin. However they did begin to meet in a empty classroom on Friday nights to talk about their week. A meeting which was supposed to happen tonight as well.

"When are you gonna shag Potter?" Kat asked her.

Her mouth dropped open in horror,"never!" She screeched," I would never let that ignorant toe rag defile me like that!"

Kat laughed,"I was only joking Evans," she paused,"are you still a virgin?"

"Oh course I am," Lily huffed,"I'm not some Hogwarts's harlot!"

"Wow I keep forgetting how different Hogwarts is form my old school," Kat leaned against the bed post,"everyone had basically hooked up with someone by fifth year."

"So you've...ya know," Lily trailer off.

"Yeah it wasn't a really big deal over there like it is over here," she says nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?" Lily said putting down the essay she was currently working on.

"Well here if a girl looses her virginity it's like this whole impure, unnatural thing. While at my old school if you both wanted to do it you just did, nobody judged you for it," Kat shrugged.

"God I wish it was like that here I've been so worried that I'll do something wrong or it won't be as special as I hope it'll be," Lily says flushing pink.

"Everybody does something wrong their first time," Kat reassures her," and if you really want it to be special I suggest you find a special person, one you won't forget for the rest of your life. Like say the best prankster at Hogwarts."

Lily throws a pillow at Kat's head but she dodges just in time,"I'll get you for that!" Lily calls as she chases her friend out of the dorm room.

Kat runs around the common room trying to loose Lily. She spots Remus and ducks behind him. "Remus help she's trying to kill me!!"

"Don't make me hurt you Remus!" Lily says and charges at him.

Lily rams into Remus's chest successfully knocking him backwards. Remus trips and falls pushing Kat down with him. He quickly wraps a hand around the back of her head so it doesn't connect with the floor, which only leaves one hand to catch himself.
When they finally stop falling Remus's body is pressed against her's and his face is hovering only a few inches above her's.

Remus's eyes travel down to Kat's  lip. He leans in closer, then suddenly a single word goes through his head: mate. He snaps his eye back up,"sorry," he mumbles as he pull himself off her.

"It's fine, not your fault," Kat says. And for a second Remus thinks she's talking about him almost kissing her, but she's only talking about the fall. She turns to Lily,"I'll get payback for this on day!"

Lily marches back up the to the girl's dorm. Kat sighs and lays down on the red sofa. Remus lifts her feet up and sits them back on his lap after he's seated.

"What were you guys talking about that got Lily so upset?" He asks after a pause.

"Her eventual shag session with James," Kat says laughing.

Remus laugh too,"I'm sure Prongs would love to know how she reacted to that."

"Hey," Kat says suddenly,"I never asked, what do you guys nicknames mean?"