VIII

Please.
When Remus heard the word fall from Kat's lips he knew exactly who his mate was. He froze for half a second. Then, just to be sure he reached out and grabbed the collar of Kat's shirt and yanked it down revealing 4 deep lines on her shoulder.
Kat's eyes snapped to Remus's then she did the only thing she thought to do: she ran. She ignored McGonagall's threats of detention and left the class and headed for her dorm.
Remus stood up to run after Kat.
"Mr. Lupin," McGonagall scowls," if you leave this class you'll be joining Ms. May in detention."
"I'm sorry professor," Remus said then ran out of the class room.
He followed her scent to the Gryffindor dorms. "Kat?" He called out desperately.
And just like magic she appeared in front of him. "Remus," she whispered, she was crying.
He resisted the urge to pull her small body to him and wipe the tears from her face. "How long have you known?"
"I only figured it out yesterday morning."
"So you're family emergency..." Remus trailed off.
"There wasn't one. I just need time to think things through."
"Why didn't you just tell me?" Remus said raising his voice slightly.
"I was going to. I would have told you eventually."
"Eventually?" Remus shouted.
Kat stayed quite. She understood why he was angry. But she had more important things to worry about then her mate's fragile emotions right now.
"Just tell me why? If you don't want to be with me just say it!"
Kat's anger was only fueled by his voice.
"I was scared," she confessed. "I just moved back to my home town. Just got expelled from my old school. I lost all my friends, Remus," more tears slipped down her cheek,"I didn't think I was going to find my mate. and when I did I panicked I didn't know what to do." She pauses,"I like you Remus and not just because you're my mate but.."
Remus couldn't wait any longer he pulled Kat into his chest. "Kat," he whispered into her hair,"you have no idea how happy I am that you're my mate."
She continued,"but I can't do this right now!" She pulled herself from his arms feeling suffocated.
He held her at arms length,"what do you mean you can't do this!"
"Remus, please don't be angry. But having a mate is something I'm not ready for."
Remus could feel his heart breaking. "Why not?" His voice was more shaky than he'd ever admit.
Kat was getting anxious. She has a million thoughts swelling in her mind and she just wanted quite for one second. She could feel herself growing angry. Then she exploded.
"I had a boyfriend, Remus! Back at my old school. I had friends, I had a whole other life! You think just cause we're mates that I can just forget about all of that," she raised  her voice,"the truth is you don't even know me, Remus! You know the lies that I've spoon feed you since I got here!"
"What are you talking about?" Remus's face hardened.
"My name isn't Kathryn May. My name is Katerina Luisa Madeline Gilgamesh and I'm the future alpha female of the light moon pack," she says proudly,"my devotion is to my pack, and at the moment my pack needs me," she holds up the letter she received that morning. The letter was from the pack beta who had told her that her father was found dead in his house that morning. She knew in her bones it was her fault. The murder had probably followed her into pack territory. Because she couldn't just do as she's told and stay away from the pack until she was on break. She had to go visit her father, because she couldn't handle something so trivial as finding her mate alone.
Now her father was dead and the pack was looking to her for leadership.
She had to go. She had to go now. She froze as she finally realized what she had just said to Remus.
She backed away,"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you." She was sobbing now. She could do one thing right could she. She always fucks everything up. "I have to go," she wiped her face and retreated away from the still frozen Remus.
"Wait!" Remus called after her still looking a bit hurt. "Let me go with you."
"No."
"Please Kat. You're wrong I do know you. The real you, I don't care that you lied about your name, but I know you. I know you're kind and considerate. And I know when you're outside you'll tilt your head up cause you love the feeling of sun on your skin and when you think no one's looking you'll sneak into the library and read. I know you. Now let me help you," he confessed pleading with her.
Kat didn't say anything else. Just cried and nodded her head.
A/N I know this chapter is kinda short sorry. Also I swear it gets better in the next chapter...maybe.