II

"Listen if you're not sorted into Slytherin, no body can know you're my cousin ok?" Kathryn's cousin said as he picked up both their trunks and headed downstairs.

"Why not?" Kathryn call after him.

He didn't reply till he was at the bottom of the step,"because it's not safe for you. The majority of them are death eater or are going to be and if they find out you're a halfbreed," he shakes his head,"they'll try to turn you over to the dark lord."

"I think I can handle a few snakes," she huffed.

"Just trust me on this one, I don't want to see you get hurt," he caught her eye," Kat, no matter what I say to you at school remember that I love you."

When they got to platform 9 3/4 Kathryn and her cousin split up. He gave her a encouraging nod before he disappeared into the crowds. Kat sighed began to load her trunk on to the train. As she stood on her toes she felt her foot slip off the side of the boarding strip. Luckily a hand reached out and grabbed her before she fell onto the tracks. She turned to see who had caught her. It was a boy with black hair almost as dark as her own. He slowly removed his hand from her waist.

"Thanks," she smiled at him.
He smiled back and nervously ran his finger through his hair,"I'm Regulus Black by the way," he stuck his hand out to her.

"Kathryn," she took his hand.

"Lovely to meet you," he said politely,"I suggest we get on the train before it leaves us," the whistle of the train blew, announcing his statement to be correct.
They boarded the train together and Regulus looked disappointed," I have to go to a prefect meeting but I hope to see you around school."
Kathryn smiles and nods at him,"thanks again for catching me!"
"Don't mention it!" He called over his shoulder as he made his way to the front of the train.
Kat went the opposite way, toward the back of the train. Every compartment was full and she was loosing hope as she neared the end. Finally the last compartment had only 3 boys in it. She slid open the compartment door drawing the attention of all the boys to her. "Do you mind if I join you every where else is full?"

"Sure," a boy with rectangular famed glasses said.

Kat settled and pretended  not to notice the 3 boys staring at her.

"Are you new I don't think we've seen you before," James says.

"Are you saying you don't remember me, James?" Kat says sadness coating her voice.

The other two boys look to James. Sirius has a devil's grin,"Yeah James how do you not remember a beautiful girl like this!"

James looks terrified,"I-I'm so sorry."

Kat laughs loudly,"I'm only teasing, I'm new," she exclaims.

"How'd you know my name then?" James asks confused. Kat points to his case, under his feet. James Potter is engraved on the top of it. "Oh," he says," well now that you know my name can we know yours?"

"Kathryn May," she says smiling at them.

The shortest boy talks for the first time,"I'm Peter Pettigrew."

Finally the last boy introduces himself to her. "Sirius....Black," Kat says thoughtfully,"I believe your brother saved my life."

"Regulus?" He says dumbfounded, "wait you mean he actually interacted with a girl."

"Yeah, he grabbed me before I fell on to the tracks," Kat explains.

"He didn't push you?" Sirius asks.

Kat giggles,"no silly he was very nice."

The compartment door slides open again and another boy walks in looking exhausted. He collapse on the seat next to James and closes his eyes.

"I thought you had a prefect meeting," Sirius say looking down at his watch.

Remus doesn't open his eyes,"it all the same from last year so I just asked if I could skip it," he yawns,"besides I'm exhausted, I was up all night trying to figure out how to find my ma-"

Sirius kicks him in the leg swiftly, Remus finally opens his eye and catches sight of the girl. Immediately he turns beet red, and Kat stifles a laugh.

James grins,"Remus this is Kathryn May, she's new, Kathryn this is Remus Lupin."

"It's just Kat," she says as she looks him up and down he's oddly familiar to her for some reason. She takes in the scares on his face and the back of his hands too. She had scares on the back of her hands too and on the rest her body. She was lucky enough to not have any on her face though. She thought that his scares matched her's a little to similarly but that was absurd he could be a werewolf. What were the chances of her meeting 2 werewolves in 2 days, it was all to coincidental. It made her brain hurt to think about it so she didn't.

Remus has caught Kat staring at the backs of his hands and had instinctively tried to cover the scars there. "So where did you transfer from?" Remus asks trying to defuse the awkwardness.

"Uagadou," Kat said casually.

This catches James attention,"really? I heard their really wild over there."

"yeah, it did get pretty out of hand there. It's kinda like the public school of the Wizarding world," Kat said.

"Why'd ya move?" Peter asks. The 4 boys look at Kat for a answers.

She hesitates,"I got expelled," she says looking down.

"Why?" Remus asked, he was really very curious about her.

"Uh pranking among other things," she says truthfully. They didn't just kick her out for being a werewolf but it was the weight that tipped the scale. 

Sirius laughed,"you should stick with us then, we are the best pranksters at Hogwarts: the marauders." And just like that, with a silent agreement from the other 3 boys Kat May became their marauder in training.