Separated as an Egg

Behold! The 2nd book of "In Another World As A Dragon - Am I Dreaming?"!
Lol, I say "Book 2" but the title is clearly far off from its predecessor XD
If you haven't read Book 1 yet, it's perfectly fine.
I wrote this book in a way that it can be understood by readers even if they haven't read Book 1 yet at all.
You might even say it's a completely different book. ÒwÓ
This takes place in the same universe as mentioned. However, the MC will be a completely different character.

≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠≠

The ground was shaking. Everything was falling apart. They knew this would happen eventually. But, they didn't expect it would happen on a very special day. Two mated dragons were happily living peacefully under the warmth and protection of the caves under a volcano. They knew it would erupt in the future. But, neither of them expected that it would erupt on an eventful day. The volcano erupted... on the same day the mother laid her eggs.

The father was out hunting to celebrate this special day. The volcano erupted during his hunt, and the moment it did erupt, he flew as fast as he could to his home cave. When he arrived, he was too late.

He couldn't find his mate nor their eggs anywhere. Panicked, he searched the vicinity in a disoriented manner. Monsters, wild beasts, animal species of all kind, and even nearby human settlements were also flustered as they tried to escape from the quaking earth.

The father dragon flew to the skies, but had no luck with finding anything, because the visibility was as bad as it was below with all the smoke, ash, and the panic. It wasn't until he heard the distinct roar of his mate's call, does he head towards the volcano.

The smoke and ash near the eruption site is more dense than it is below ground level. He sees his mate flying in anguish. She hovers in the air wildly and is getting nearer and nearer to the crater. Within her grasp are four of their eggs. One egg fell and landed on the lava. It can no longer be saved.

The father rushes towards her side and tries to reassure her, but she rampages about and hurts him instead. She releases her hold and all the eggs fall down directly to the center of the volcano. The father pushes her aside and dives down after the eggs. The volcano then spews a large amount of magma skyward. All the eggs have met their fate.

The mother is still flying wildly in the sky, meanwhile the father, who has steeled himself, bears his fangs against his own loved one.

The volcano strangely stopped erupting on the same day it erupted. There weren't any more tremors on the ground, and the lava flow has stopped. It was indeed peculiar, but for those living near the area, it was their chance to properly flee from the volcano.

The surviving inhabitants decided to move away. The father dragon does the same, and with one last look at his former home cave, he turns around and flies off. Unbeknownst to him, the very first egg that fell to the lava was still intact. Its surface was somewhat charred, but the life inside was still healthy. It fell in a hole on the ground and landed right on top of a red salamander.

The salamander was on its way to leave as well, and it ended up getting fallen over by a charred egg. Not only was its home ravaged by the volcano, but during its departure, an egg had to fall on top of it. It couldn't hold its frustration anymore, so it tried to eat the egg, but then the egg twitched.

Staring at the twitching egg, the salamander thought that maybe it could just eat the baby that comes out of it. And with that in mind, the salamander rolled the egg along with it. The salamander leaves the volcano with thoughts of a feast in its future.

This is the story of a young dragon who gets separated from his family as an egg. As he goes through the harshness of reality, something will happen, and he will be the center of it all.